1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

my fight with Cancer

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Oct 7, 2012.

1. GaythriV

GaythriV Platinum IL'ite

Hi Kamalji,

You are one of the blessed ones and people around you are blessed one's. If it is not the new arrival in your family you wouldn't have gone for the check up. So your grandchild is also a blessed one. Very happy to meet you. Wish you a long healthy and happy life.

2 people like this.
  2. Riyakathir

Riyakathir Platinum IL'ite

kamal uncle... dont know what to write... I did here was "smiling" till the end of your writing... I feel you are soo blessed... as you have got the will power in your heart to throw many thing out with your jokes and smile... None will dare to come to you... :) kudos and salutes... it is art of living uncle.. and very few got it... you are a lotus inside a mud pond.. he he hehehe..

cheers... enjoy... but look after your health too :))

1 person likes this.
  3. GaythriV

GaythriV Platinum IL'ite

@ Akila Mani,

Me too unwillingly opened this thread to read because three sisters of my mom, two daughters of them and my maternal uncle all suffered due to cancer of which one of my aunts and uncle passed away.

On Dec 1st 2011 my co-sister passed away due to cancer three days before her son's marriage. It was her dream to see the marriage, so the marriage took place in ICU itself in front of her when she was in her death bed. Last decade full we were hearing only about cancer so I always avoid any news of it. It is really horrible more than that Doctor suggested every member of my mom's family for check up as it is heredity.

4. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Kamalji
    I salute you!
    Everyone has responded so appropriately that I have no words left.

Your very attitude was 50% the cure I strongly believe.
    I think I should take a lesson from you every time I am on the brink of self-pity.

A wonderful blog ji.
    Thank you very much.

2 people like this.
  5. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji,

I have no words to say. Very reluctantly opened the post as I am hearing more of cancer among relatives my grand father DH's two aunts died of cancer. Both had cancer in food pipe. Another one of his aunt survived breast cancer, yet another diagnosed of breast cancer last month. But your post was a wonderful read and I am going tell this aunt to read yours.

Your energy and the view of life is commendable. That will make you live for longer and healthier.

My pranams to you

Regards
    Manjukps

1 person likes this.
  6. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Hi and welcome to my blogs

she was brave yr mother, i went thru 3 cycles, and each cycle had 3 sessions of drugs, so total 9 times.But i did nto feel any pain or discomfort, i was fine with it.And luckily i did not lose any hair, just that they became more whiter.HAHA

Thank u for the kind words.

Regards

kamal

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamla,

A few of my close friends here knew about it, cheeniya and satchi being the first ones to know, but they were sworn to secrecy, i did not want to alarm anyone, and i did not know exactly what the future held for me, so now it is 6 montsh to the operation and 2 months to the chemotherapy, so i guess i can write about this eh !

The surgeon, before the operation, when i asked him how fast will i recover, he said, u will recover fast, for u are very positive.During chemo too i asked the chemo doc if i will become bald, and about other side effects and he said, nothing will happen to u, mr. mahtani bcs u are positive, and i swear kamla, i was the only guy who had hair , i did nto lose it, though i would not have minded becomeing bald as long as i was getting a second life, and i did not have any side effects of chemo as othes had, the doc told me beforehand that the mind plays a lot in these things, and since u are so positive , nothing will happen , and so nothing happened kamla.

that is when i learned the power of being cheerful and positive, and i have always beleived in taht song
    " Que Sera Sera, what ever will be will be
    the future is not ours to see
    Que sera sera.

Thank u for the kind words.And dont worry i will be around for a long long tikme.HAHA

Regards

kamal

2 people like this.
  8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vishwa,

u have one thing tha ti need, and tha tis yr friendship, that is enough for me.Thank u for thinking of so many things to give me eh !

Cheeniya was very brave really and i did not know him then, though i used to read him, and i met him in chennai 4 years back, and then i realized , what a wonderful human being he is, it was just unfortunate that i had to meet him so late in life, and u too. But then better late than never eh Vishwa ?

Nicotine i left in march for ever, 5 months did not touch liquor, now i have started liquor, and have started to put on weight that i had lost, and we have our tiffs on t his, she wants me to remain slim, and i dont care, i want to taste some good food, like the rest of us.

Thank u for the concern, i will take care, rest is upto the lord. Every 3 months is the checkup, and some tests, and i will come to know if i am going wrogn somewhere.

Thanks a ton Vishwa, friendship accepted, and locked in my heart.Thanks a ton.

Regards

kamal

4 people like this.
  9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Yumna,

Thank u dear for the kind words.

Regards
    kamal

10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear FC