1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

my fight with Cancer

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Oct 7, 2012.

1. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji,
    I'm dumb stuck reading your post......:spin
    What a powerful persona.......Wow...You've been 'grinning' and making people around you grin too...when most struggle to 'grit'.....:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown
    A lesson.......which should be read and re-read.....
    Thanks for this wonderful post....and my prayers for you........:)

2 people like this.
  2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji,

What a terrific journey. It takes a Kamalji to survive it and beat it at its own game. And knowing you Kamalji, uski majaal ki woh phir se aap ki oor nazar utha ke dekhe!!!!!

I wish you a speedy and complete recovery Kamalji and want to hear all about your morning walks again and all the pretty chicks out for a walk in the park. That would be relatively harmless compared to all the whisky and meat in the world (like a few others here, you know very well whose side my sympathies lie on :p). Hats off to the spirit with which you put up a terrific fight and take a bow Kamalji. Keep up the spirit (NO, I DO NOT MEAN THE BOTTLED VARIETY!!!!!!) :rotfl

5 people like this.
  3. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Kamaji,

Kudos to you and your spouse and all other dear ones who had been through. It gives us happiness when we read a success story in the first person singular narration. What makes it memorable is the attitude and honesty in such posts and more important, the ability to take it in one's stride and pull through. Very happy to see that you are now doing good and wish and pray for a long and happy life to you, Sir. -rgs

2 people like this.
  4. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dea r Shanti,

The reason for my good attititude to cancer ? before the operation i aksed the surgeon, how soon will i recover and be out of the hospital, he said vyer soon, bcs u havre a positive attitute, and cancer will not affect u.

he was right, and i had the whole hospital in splits and i was out soon.

i asked the chemo doc at tata's , what effect will chemo have on me, will i be bald like the rest of the patients, will i vomit, feel nausea, loss of appetitite, and he told me, kamalji nothing of the sort will happen to u, for u have a posotiive attitute. well it happened the way he said it, i did not lose my hair, i ate well, i did not feel anything at all.

So i am glad i have this attitude, for it helps me a lot in life and it helped me in the fight against caner, Shanvy.

And they have asked my permission, the docs and the staff, if they can pass on my phone no to any patient who is apprehensive about the oncoming operation to him or her, and i told them, please go ahead and give them my phone, i woulkd love to adivse them, on how to deal with cancer, how to be positive , which is in fact good for our own health.

Regards

kamal

9 people like this.
  5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dea r Sushma,

the grandson is with me now, he and my daughter have come for a month, and most of my time goes in playing with them.

Thank u for the kind words, i hope i remain positive till my last day.

Regards

kamal

6. outofthebox

outofthebox Platinum IL'ite

Dear Kamal-ji,

I was listening to some songs, and came across this one, which I felt aptly described what I feel about how you have handled your condition. Your post has definitely had a deep impact, I must say !!

I just loved this song, its beats, orchestra & just about everything, but the meaning I am still to grasp, but got an overall idea of what it says from the small description.

Not sure if you have heard it earlier. Here it is with the lyrics & song.
    MTV India - VJs, Music, Videos, Blogs, Games, Wallpapers, Interviews, Performances, Shows, Fun and more - General - Dum Dum - Shilpa Rao, Ashvin Mani Sharma & Ash Roy at Coke Studio @ MTV

7. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

Excellent kamalji....very glad that you are enjoying your time with your grand son.....

8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri,

HAHA. now u are forgetting. i am a two and a half peg man, and my peg is 60 ml, so that makes it 150 ml, and with a bottle of 750 ml, it takes me 5 days to polish off a bottle.And when i had met u in chennai close to 4 years back and u treat ed me, to lovely dinners, i used to have 3 pegs of 60 ml. the half exgtra to celebrate being with u, my idol.

Yes i know my smoking put off a lot of people, in cluding some pretty ladies, and in a way that was good, that i did not become a ND Tiwari,for the ladies were repelled by my smoking.HAHA

Thank u for yr prayers, i need all of them.Thanks Sri.

Regards

kamal

1 person likes this.
  9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Shanti,

Sri paid for my drinks in chennai, and he forgot how much i drank.HAHA

Regards

kamal

10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear OOTB,

Thank u for the kind words. i had mentioned about my illness but i had not named it in the 3 blogs that i posted a few months back. yes i am greateful for everthing in life, besides wife kids parents brothers, siblings, etc, i am thinkful to the i lites here who are like my family, amd i am on personal terms with so many of them, that it has opened a new world to me, i have made friends at this late stage of my life, so i am grateful for that too.

The taste buds are not troubling for ciggies, and now they have come bck to their senses and i am liking the nonveg, which i had started to hate, during the chemo time.

Thank u for the kind words, and my next blog will be on me and my grandson, and how we are both alike mentally.HAHA

Regards

kamal

1 person likes this.