1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Feelings

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Dec 16, 2018.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

When the end of the year comes we should look back and enjoy the sweet memories and also the mistakes we did and not to continue in the next year.

Whenever I post something I get so much appreciation from you all but I think am I really worth of the appreciation because I have also some drawbacks which I want to share here.

I was very fond of drawing, making jewellery etc. during childhood. But could not continue after marriage. Now I am enjoying my hobbies and feel very happy when I get the appreciation.

Now I have a well furnished house but I feel whether I have kept the house well like others. I also like to keep it perfect but what to do with health problems I am not able to , sometimes its not properl. Like today I thought let me keep all the vessels inside the draw instead of keeping outside and keep the medai clean. But after keeping everything though I kept sitting in the chair, pulling the draw which was heavy and keeping everything my back started paining. So I thought let it be, everyday I wont try keeping inside, my house should be different from others na. Whenever someone comes to my house and goes later I will be worrying whether I gave them perfect coffee, whether it was according to their taste, its silly thing but for me its great thing because some people are very particular in everything. I am not particular and whatever is given I appreciate and learn from them that I should also do perfect like them But as it is said dane dane pe likha hai kane vale ka naam, though everyday we are cooking I feel at times it does not come properly especially when someone comes

kaniths, joylokhi, Prahlad and 6 others like this.

2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

More than food, I used to worry if the house was "good enough" and how it reflected on my housekeeping and decorating skills. Now, I don't care so much.

The year has been kind to me. Watched good movies, celebrated little victories and progresses, made it a point to meet friends more often, and above all, was able to focus on the positives. Maybe out of sheer necessity.

Nice snippet, my dear Viji. Gentle introspection that's not too heavy.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
    Prahlad and iyerviji like this.
  3. Greenbay

Greenbay Gold IL'ite

Viji Ma,
    You are very simple and your simplicity is why you get much appreciation here.

Also you are ajatashatru (one who has no enemies). It is a rare quality to have. According to mythology, Even Lord Krishna had some people gunning for him inspite of his affable nature. So you are blessed to have a quality that is difficult to achieve.

Sinant and iyerviji like this.
  4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Vijiakka,

There isn't anyone who can claim that they are perfect. We all have our own shortcomings. Particularly, perfection is a moving target like Abhimanyu's target. At your age, accept things as is. Whenever you are able to do it, you can set it up the way you like. Don't worry about the impression others would have about your preparation. What matters is your loving hospitality.

Viswa

iyerviji likes this.
  5. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Vijima, there was a time when I was extremely finicky about my house, kitchen, cooking etc. Everything had to be just so. Over the past decade or so, things have gone out of my control and initially I used to feel miserable. There are days when I think I am living in a hotel where everything gets taken care of, everything runs on autopilot but is far from perfection. I often worry 'what impression people would have of me' if they see such a messy home. Now I have just let things be. No point getting upset over things which we can't control. The sooner we accept the idea the better. Chhod do and just be happy.

iyerviji and Rihana like this.
  6. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Putting away things to keep the kitchen counter clean, can work against you more often than not. Sometimes I end up looking for things that I had put away to be out of sight.
    I want the kitchen vessels to get stacked like Navrathri-Golu and take up as minimal space as they can, and be in sight all the time.

And then there is the problem of picking things off the floors before the kaam-wali comes, so that she won't think we are living in a mess, and she will be able to sweep and wet wipe the floors. Sometimes I think I work more because she comes, and if she doesn't come, I am really working more.

Counter top appliances -- like mixie, grinder, coffee maker, microwave oven etc. also take up space. And these are used everyday, and we cannot play hide-and-seek with them every day.

By the way, I have a lower-back support belt that I wear on some days while doing house work, or walking on treadmill. It looks like this:
    upload_2018-12-17_16-53-6.png
    It has velcro (hook/loop) belt to connect in the front. It is available in Amazondotin for Rs.410. There are other back support belts. These are usually sold in pharmacies. Very useful when traveling in airplanes and also sitting in the same place for a long time -- like when traveling in train, car, or just working on the computer. It can be worn over the underskirt, and will not be visible. It can go through airport x-ray (most belts have plastic loops) also.

Although I can post you this as a gift for a forum member in Rihana's other post, I will post it here.

Best wishes for a healthy and prosperous new year.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
  7. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Dear Viji ma

You are an inspiration. Your pure heart and desire to improve all the time is what I am looking up to.
    Happy happy new year Viji ma.

Love,
    Vani

iyerviji and sindmani like this.
  8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

I was thinking you will be the first to give feedback. You did not disappoint me. So you also used to worry about about the house being good enough.

Glad you had a good year. I also enjoyed this year at the same time had sad moment s. Two sils expired. Both me and uncle had health problems . Now also it's there but better.Glad you liked the snippet

Rihana likes this.
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for the compliments. Glad to receive your appreciation which has given me inspiration

10. sharmi10

sharmi10 Gold IL'ite

Hi vijima
    The appreciation is truly from all il members. Your the inspiration for all ma.. Don't worry viji ma.. U deserve it.. Love u ma..:kissingheart:

sharmi

iyerviji likes this.