1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

My fav restaurants in Jax, whats yours

Discussion in 'Indians in Jacksonville' started by KrutikaRao, Sep 19, 2008.

1. KrutikaRao

KrutikaRao Senior IL'ite

Jax has very few good restaurants. I'm mostly vegetarian with occasional seafood, so my options are more limited and these are my favs in Jax:

Indian: (not in order)
    Cilantro: Saturday buffet is very satifying. Very tasty food and just right for catering for your house parties. Their Paneer kulchan and Hyderabadi baigan are worth the calories :) Mango mousse is always on their sat buffet.
    Red Chilies: When I'm very hungry and have skipped my breakfast, this is the place to go. Their huge buffet is enough to fill my big belly :)

Others:
    PF Changs: Seafood - Hot fish, Sichuan from the sea, Orange peel shrimp and for dessert banana spring rolls
    Cheesecake factory: Jamaican black papper shrimp is my only choice here
    Pattaya thai: Pad thai, curried fried rice

Last edited: Sep 19, 2008

2. akilaakka

akilaakka Senior IL'ite

Last time we were at the Jax to worship ganesh temple and we had a nice lunch at Cilantro which was good and we have been to chilies.

Do you know anyother Indian restaurants other than Cilantro and chilies? Let me know.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2008
  3. KrutikaRao

KrutikaRao Senior IL'ite

Two more have come up on the same street as Red Chilies. One if Flavors and other is Mayuri.
    Flavors has a good buffet, I havent tried alacarte though.
    Mayuri is only alacarte and I have tried only southindian breakfast items there and its ok. They also serve a thali which some of my friends liked.

Red chilies also has started a 'chaat section' in the evening and soon will be adding gujju thali too. You can check their site for details.

4. akilaakka

akilaakka Senior IL'ite

Thanks will try and keep you posted.

5. girl83

girl83 New IL'ite

Flavours is really good.
    I believe their buffet is better than mayuri, though desserts are better at mayuri
    But i gues u cant have the main course form one place and desserts 4m another:bonk

6. GPriya

GPriya Bronze IL'ite

Hi KrutikaRao and other JAX ladies,

I am intrested to know about Bartram Park area..as we may buy a house there shortly. How safe is the area and are there any indian population around and if you ladies suggest any other good, decent, safe neighbourhoods to buy a property in JAX, would be helpful. My hubby and I plan to visit next week to check out some properties. Pls respond quickly to give your suggestions.
    Thanx and Cheers,
    GPriya.