1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Experiments With GOD !

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Sabitha_K, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Dear Shanthi ,

Thanks for your feedback here.

Do I have an insight ? Well, I am surprised that a lot of the fellow ILites have nodded in unison to the tiny steps to giant strides that one takes in this journey to seek divinity.

Once again , thanks for your lovely comments.

2. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Mindy ,

Glad to be back.I am off on holidays now and have more time to spend in IL till the year end.

Thanks for your warm welcome.Shall see you more often in snippets now.

Thanks a bunch for your comments here.

3. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Saras,

I just fail to reciprocate at times , how glad I am to see someone here.

It is a pleasant surprise to get good FB from you who occasionally drops by and makes one's post feel special that you have picked it to adorn with your presence.If your presence here has added that morning sparkle I needed, your nomination just brightened by day with resplendence even in this gloomy dry weather.

I wish there was another word in dictionary to substitute a simple thank you with gratitude-filled-you-made-my-day.I would have smothered you with thousands of these words to express how exactly I feel now.

4. apar_ram

apar_ram Silver IL'ite

Wow.. Sabi... :bowdown.. you have done an excellent job in mirroring so many of our minds. Like lalli i have never feared God but have questioned his existence in earlier years.
    Your eloquence is admirable. I am amazed at your insight into such a topic at such young age. Beautifully weaved words with the cherry on top in the end with your realisations!!!
    kudos...
    sorry for stepping in only after your finest post win!!
    Congratulations dearie... very well deserved win!
    Aparna

5. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Dear Sabitha,
    Thanks to your post getting nominated as the best post for December, I got to read it. (And my mom too told that it was good).
    I have gone through all the phases that you went through during my transition from religious to spiritual, including
    I think each and everyone who seeks Him in true earnest goes through these phases.
    I would like to share here my personal experiences that have made my conviction stronger.
    My elder son, who had pessimistic views on life after seeing some love failures in his friends' lives a few years back is now back searching for that undefinable, indescribable, all pervasive personification of LOVE that is called GOD.
    Here is my younger son, carried away by the miracles of science and technology, which gives an illusion that the power is within us and there is no such thing called destiny.
    There has been some incidents and happenings in his friends' lives that I am sure would have opened his eyes and made him realise that there is a greater power that could shake the very basis of our own belief in ourselves. Whether one believes in God or a supreme power or not, the belief atleast helps one to come out of calamitous situations with more ease and dignity.
    The following two incidents happened in two of his friend's lives.
    One of his close friends had scored very high grades in GRE and had set his eyes on America to do his masters. All of a sudden, he was shaken out of his dreams when his father developed kidney failure and has been put on dialysis. Now a days, it has become difficult to get donors and the wait being long, the transplantation time is very uncertain. The poor boy, though disappointed a lot, has decided to take up a job and postpone his higher studies since that would be an added financial burden to his parents in these times of recession. More over, he cannot think of his own pleasures when his parents, who are the cause for whatever he is today go through all the travails alone. When my younger son told me about this, I could not but feel sorry for him, but at the same time, I felt some sort of a respect and adoration for that boy, who could always have pursued his dreams if he was selfish and had chosen to.
    The second incident happened with another friend. This boy had fixed up a date for taking up his GRE in Chennai. Unfotunately, he fell sick and could not take it up on the specified date and went for a postponement.
    Then he fixed up for TOEFl exam in Coimbatore and on that fateful day when he took a bus to the examination centre, there was an accident in which he was injured and had to go in for sutures after which he went to the centre 1/2 an hour late and could not get good scores.
    Both these incidents are not of a serious nature and the boys always can pursue their dreams at a later stage of their life and have a second chance. But the belief in the power beyond all powers definitely gives one the courage and optimism to face life's travails with much ease, which would not be the case with non-believers.
    I want to end my fb, borrowing the words from you, which are so beautiful-
    Love,
    Malathi

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Last edited: Jan 5, 2010
  6. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

Thank God, whoever that may be, that they selected you as the best. The announcement brought me over to your post, which I read with great interest.

Quite apart from the subject you chose to write on, your style was clean and good. When I read people like soumyapbhat and you, I feel refreshed to say the least. Writers like you go to prove that the average writing skill at IL is on the rise and this is great news.

As I finished reading, I asked myself for the umpteenth time, "Is it God that resides within us or are we the ones who reside in God?" I know that I shall never know the answer to this question. And then again, for the umpteenth plus one time I reminded myself of the following quote:

"The less importance he attached to the opinion of men the more did he feel the
    presence of God within him." Father Sergius, Leo Tolstoy.

Wonderful experience, reading you.

oj

Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  7. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Dear Aparna,

Thanks a lot for taking time to follow the trail of the finest post and arriving here.

I am myself surprised with the overwhelming response that this thread has garnered.

Thanks a bunch for your compliments.

8. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Dear Malathi,

Thanks for taking time out not only to read this post but also to post your personal encounters with divinity.

You have so beautifully phrased the naked truth here !

All the feedbacks here substantiate the presence of Almighty in different forms.I am so glad and overwhelmed with the excellent replies here.

Thanks a ton.

9. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Dearest OJ san ,

Guess that is how you are known with reverence by everyone awed with your narrative skills and vast knowledge.It is a pleasure to have you here and in accordance with your fame , you have some of the outstanding and sublime posts here in IL.

Thanks a lot for your encouragement and appreciating words.

Well, this is now certified by someone who is the connoisseur of finest posts.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  10. kublu

kublu New IL'ite

Hi Sabitha,

I am the most inactive IL member (0 postings), but your post made me feel that I have say "Thank You".

You have put in words what I have felt for a long time and never tried to express. I plan to use your posting to explain my view of God to my Father who is worried that I am athiest.

I too believe in nature as God.

Thanks,
    Sowmya