1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Experiments With GOD !

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Sabitha_K, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sabitha,
    You have a way with words! You have penned down the various stages in the "life cycle to finding GOD" with great style. I did read your Darwin Vs Divinity thread as well. Congratulations for finding your path to the higher power. As with everyone else on this thread, I too am able to identify with everything you have stated. Right now, I am at the next step in my quest for GOD, the step where I begin to actually help my child with her quest to find God. I hope I am successful in imparting some of the things you have stated here so clearly to the little one.

Regards,
    Laks

2. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Sabitha,
    I am happy to see that your experiments with God has come to a good understanding with Him.
    We all go through these stages, but only very few realise it.
    Hats off to you.

sriniketan

3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sabitha
    I am a fan of Alistair MacLean. The title of one of his books is ‘Fear is the Key’ It is relevant to godliness too. Fear is the key to godliness. The human orientation to the Divine has to have the foundation of fear. A child’s predominant feeling is fear and it is only natural that the parents infuse a feeling of the Divine in a child in the background of fear. It is in this context that I find your beautiful journey towards an understanding of the Divine exceedingly interesting.

I recall that the Kanchi Paramacharya was once asked what was the need for him to offer his worship to Lord Chandramouleeswara when he came in the lineage of Adi Sankara who was a staunch proponent of Advaitha. The Sage replied that the concept of non-dualism was indeed a difficult one to understand and practise. A human being is mentally oriented towards looking upon God as a super force without and to expect him to look upon himself as an extension of God is a tough proposition. We hardly find such an equation with God easily achievable in our lifetime. It was given only to such blessed souls like Ramana Maharshi and Shirdi Sai to realise God without having to go through the grind of Lkg to Graduation. The Sage concluded that while he would continue to spread the message of Adwaitha, he would also perform the Poojas as required by the ordinary mortals. He cautioned that the ‘Nithya Poojas’ would have to be performed faithfully until the ultimate realization dawned on us.

We are all in various stages of understanding of the Divine. Some are at Lkg. Some nearing graduation. Some are on a fast track. Some stay rooted to their original spot.
    But we are all on the move towards a higher goal. I read your own account of your voyage and I must tell you that you are indeed blessed even to be able to introspect on this vital aspect of human existence. What I love most is your final declaration stated in capital letters- “ I BELIEVE IN GOD”
    If that is the conclusion you arrive at the end of your intense introspection, you are indeed the Enlightened One.

A very profound and classy recapitulation of your spiritual quest, Sabitha. It is hard to believe that you are in your twenties!
    Sri

4. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Dearest Padma,

Oh my !

I am amazed at the galore of epithets you have hurled at my rant.

Thanks a lot for being there for me and I humbly bow to your greater understanding of The Lord.

All I can say for the verses you have added is :bowdown:bowdown:bowdown

Yes, moments like this where I see someone like you having such unconditional love for me miles across is also a wonder designed by the Almighty.

Padma , thanks a lot for making a dry-winter day bright & sunny for me.

5. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Dearest Paddy,
    I am delighted with your encouraging comments and thanks for taking out time inspite of your busy schedule.

The feedback and comments bestowed by the reigning queen of humour in IL has added more potency to the post with your thoughtful quotes.

Very true ! I agree with every sentence so beautifully phrased by you.

Thanks a bunch.

6. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Dearest Lalitha,

I am a great admirer of your spunk , vigor and zeal for life and your anecdote has just added one more facet of you which is upfront.

Your honest response to the interviewer's question is praise-worthy and I knew you were someone who would put one's thoughts into action based on what they believe is right and do not bend to gain favour killing their inner soul.

Thanks a lot Lalitha for your presence here and sharing this wonderful tale.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2009
  7. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Dearest Kamalji,

Glad to be on track again here at IndusLadies.

Yes , I really missed reading all the wonderful blogs here.

Thanks a lot for stepping by and hope to bump into you more often now :cheers

8. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

My dear , v dear Sabby,

Its been quite a while…..and what a magnificent thought provoking post you have here.:thumbsup
    After your romancing the Greek & Roman Gods and Goddesses your serious dissertation on the very existence of GOD was a trifle bewildering !
    This is a superb philosophical discourse and it took me up lofty mountain peaks and deep down valleys of unfathomable depths,and all the while I was gasping for oxygen!!
    Good Heavens , Little girl …..just barely out of the cradle ,what are you doing ?
    Rodin the Thinker or Jean Paul Sartre the philosopher?
    Your scientific bent of mind and clear analytical approach to the subject and the skillful manner in which you dissected each point would have been any surgeons envy !!
    A very neat operation from the first wielding of the scalpel!:thumbsup

Agree with you there on the point of Religion being exploited for political ends….
    This has been the case since time immemorial as History has recorded.

Your conclusion was very reassuring and comforting and a standing ovation is in order there!:bowdown

However much we decry our religious rituals and all the cacophony that goes in the name of religion ,the scriptures or Holy Books (The Bible,The Koran,or the Gita) in all cultures have left deep imprints in the minds of all mankind .This is something we can take pride in as it serves as an anchor for all in troubled times.

I was particularly reminded of Oppenheimer quoting from BHAGVAD GITA when the first atom bomb was detonated….ironical or contradictory though it seems considering the point at which it was done !! The world lives in constant fear of annihilation …..a simple switch ON would result in catastrophe!

.J. Robert Oppenheimer, Quoting "The Bhagavad Gita",<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Alamogordo</st1:City>, <st1:State w:st="on">New Mexico</st1:State></st1:place>, 1945

<TABLE class=MsoNormalTable style="WIDTH: 100%; mso-cellspacing: 7.5pt; mso-padding-alt: 3.75pt 3.75pt 3.75pt 3.75pt" cellSpacing=10 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-firstrow: yes; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-RIGHT: 3.75pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; PADDING-LEFT: 3.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 3.75pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" vAlign=top>"If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... I am become Death, the Shatterer of Worlds."

So here we have a renowned scientist who couldn't but exclaim thus, thereby
    chiming in unison with those of us who believe in a Divine dispensation.... call it by any other name if you will !!​

The icing on the cake or the crème de la crème in your piece is ofcourse…..

"It means assurance that there is someone holding my hand always and I am not alone.
    It means the force behind the miraculous life which starts off as a single cell and grows into a sentient being
    It means all things small and beautiful are endowed with the power to impact one another in this ecosystem.
    It means the heavenly order of day followed by night unimpacted ageless through hour-glass of time.
    It means the mighty tutor imparting innocence in infants and intellect in adults.

Yes, it can be the forces of nature that sustain life on earth ;Fire, water, earth and air or the more abstract knowledge, intellect , conscience we are endowed with.I understand the omnipotence and omnipresence now as God is no longer contained in a form or visible in a color.God means different things to different people across various cultures and traditions and today for me it no longer means idol worship , endless chanting of mystic slokas or fasts.To me it only means acknowledging life in all its glory as GOD.

I BELIEVE IN GOD ! "

This makes me say “ Thank God” !
    GOD is in HEAVEN and All is right in this world
    Aaaaawwww!! Ok Ok …Sabby don’t frown …..most of the time though not all of the time it is so !

I'm flying off to the FP section to second the nomination for this brilliant thesis....all the best for more.:cheers

Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
  9. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sabitha,

This post was awesome, awe inspiring and much much more.

Our wonderful friends and our very eminent writers have already showered you with the choicest of praises not only for your writing talent, but also for your thoughtful and thinking mind. Paulina reflected my own thoughts when she compared you to Rodin the Thinker and Paul Sartre the philosopher!

Whatever you are, you are a very precious girl of some very proud parents!

Why are we all so impressed with this post of your's? True, you have an excellent command over the language and very true that you can pen very inspiring posts. But that can't be the reason this time. The topic you have chosen to elaborate upon was what makes it so very special (ethereal?!). By talking about your own quest for God, you have touched that chord in almost all of the thinking members of this community.

It could have been my own search and quest and confusion. Only, I may not be able to pen it so eloquently. Besides, religion is such a volatile subject. Yet you seem to dance through your thoughts conveying your conclusions without any reserve. Such clarity of thought is truly amazing in such a young person. I was gripped with suspense till the last line. And like most others here, felt appeased at your conclusion!! Oh yes, where and what do we look out for if it was proven otherwise. But no fears, God is there and like you have said so excellently...He/She is there in life and its glory!

This superb post has been nominated to FP by some stalwarts of IL and I congratulate you on it!

L, Kamla

Last edited: Dec 10, 2009
  10. Thank01

Thank01 Gold IL'ite

Dear Sabitha,

Excellent writing ! Undoubtedly deserves "best post" title !

Take care and best wishes, Jyothi