My Experience At The Indian Store

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by virtualkv2020, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

They come to the house also.

shravs3 likes this.
  2. virtualkv2020

virtualkv2020 Platinum IL'ite

Yes these things happen everywhere.My classmate once asked me to accompany her to a religious place and I did just for the sake of giving her a company, later she was asking me join her in prayers. I stood firm and said religion is a personal choice and I don’t entertain being pushed by anyone.Sadly she chose to end our friendship based on our religious beliefs.

3. virtualkv2020

Duplicate post deleted.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
  4. virtualkv2020

I know a couple who came home to ask for a chunk of land.She prayed “Dear lord please give them a heart to donate ***** to us”.Then there was another lady who prayed on a house warming party at a relatives’s place “Dear lord please don’t let success get to my brother’s head and may he remain as kind as possible”.

Some people conveniently use religion for their selfish motives and think even God won’t understand!

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
  5. virtualkv2020

6. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

The caucasians knocking the door and grocery store routine has become old now. I was walking around a shopping area just last week and an Indian lady, came and spoke to me in Hindi. After asking me where I’m from the next sentence was about this. I was initially puzzled until she gave me her card and flyer. Can’t even shop in peace these days!

virtualkv2020 and shravs3 like this.
  7. I can relate to this so much. It happens mostly in Indian stores, where any random stranger will take your shopping cart and will act like, it was just a mistake.

8. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Christians (especially Latter day Saints followers, and a few other denominations) get points for bringing the heathen into their faith. And if the heathen can be brought into the church, to participate and tythe, well... that is a real bonus, because many protestant churches are not able to make mortgage payments on the building. It is the darn tele-evangelists, who let them pray in comforts from their own barcaloungers, instead of getting their sinful butts into decent clothes and out to their local church building.

The old Brick&Mortar versus Online Tussle for market share
    !!

When strangers accost you in grocery stores, and you don't have the time, you are left with only one choice: glare, and move on as if you speak forin.

If you have the time, like... you're retired or visiting your NRI son in America, and you had enough of bugging people on social media for the day or forwarded what you had on whatsapp to everyone already, and you're glad that you got a real person on neutral ground (not in your living room), go for it. Speak in vernacular mixed with English. I even saw a tutorial on that once:

9. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

It happens. But I experienced this kind of disturbance mostly in India, and not in abroad.

Last time, when I was shopping in a mall at Trichy, some random persons approached me, asking whether I am from Canada or Swiss?
    And I did not say anything, but pretended to move away as if I didn't hear them. But they came back, and spoke to me directly to offer helps to exchange dollars to Indian rupees. I said NO, Thanks. But I was worried, and had to watch out for my wallet the rest of the day.

Again, in some other place, I had people following me to predict my astrology or horoscope or whatever. They even said that I look like my H's girl friend, and our faces show as if we have problems getting married blah blah blah.
    It was hilarious to hear that. Though my H wanted me to ignore it, and move on but I couldn't help.
    I walked back to that woman, and said that I am his wife, and we are married for a decade and we have children, so she should consider different methods for non-Indians.

My advice is ignore, ignore and ignore. In this fast world, no one waits or follows back when you ignore them more than once

virtualkv2020 likes this.
  10. Roar

Roar Gold IL'ite

Once I preached them back saying I believed in actions and intentions rather than prayers and the imagery of God. I said your claimed God will like me anyway if I behave well in the world.

I said ' I am not resisting you, but I just don't see the point'

I usually let them be.. sometimes theres too much on my plate that I cant load anymore.

virtualkv2020 likes this.