My dog Mylo {lab]

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by malligashivaram, Jun 20, 2011.

1. malligashivaram

malligashivaram Gold IL'ite

This Year my son presented me a DOG on my birthday 2 month ago..I thought I had enough of Dogs ..after raising 2 dog [german and lhas Apso]for the last 13 years ..My dog Jimmy [german] died in jan..I made up my mind that I cannot raise anymore as we are getting older. And the night before my Birthday He bought a lab from Ecr road and came at 11.30 with a black doggy wishing me a very happy birthday I was stunned and happy seeing the cute pup..BLACK AND BEAUTIFUL .
    He was 45 days Old and I had forgotten all ..tried to feed him milk..In an Milk bottle thinking him too small..he refused And I poured the milk in a bowl there he was lapping away.
    I bought Nestum and mixed it in milk again lapping to glory...and then came the fun side ..started asking for banana when we were having we mashed and fed him He had 1 full banana..for Apple again started demanding gave him ate with tiny teeth...I can go now Mango, watermelon, raw vegetables green.....
    I told my son did you buy a dog or a monkey or ..something else He laughed and said Ma he is insulting me, even I dont take veg.... Ha ha .
    Named him Mylo ..then my house turned into a rioting place ..no slippers were left to wear..always with a pair if somebody forgets..I wear slippers at home he finish them through the night ....all bed sheets were pulled made a hole in it ..we were shifting and everything we put down ..as we sold old furniture planning to buy new..now we stopped the idea of new as he into biting furniture now ..He wont let the servants sweep pull away their broom ..and mops ..all through this I laugh really enjoying it ...oh my made my house a gowdown . Loving it When the Lady is putting soap on the clothes he gives her the brush..as if saying "Put brush also"..
    Toilet training he went for urine only on the mat I kept for him Otherwise a loving dogs want everyone to give him some time ..The Older dog [13] years was literally simply lying down now she is running like a young dog and playing with him.
    A dog brings with it lots of responsibility which we should be love to do..write more later on ..posting some pic ..do reply

Attached Files:

3 people like this.

2. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

:clap:clap:2thumbsup::wow:wow

Hi Malli,

Thrilled to hear the happy news about your sweetie pie MYLO....the pics are fantastic...so adorable....would love to cuddle him.
    I remember the sad posts you wrote about your German Shepherd's last days.At that point I did write to you about getting a new pup and you mentioned about the problems of raising one .Surely you are enjoying Mylo and his antics now.Pets are great to keep one's spirits up and spread cheer .Just by gazing into their eyes itself is a very relaxing experience is my firm belief .The unconditional love they have for us is priceless....so dear buddy , keep posting more news about MYLO .He reminds me of my Romeo ..a golden Lab during his puppy days .He is now 5years old.
    [​IMG]

3. chitrajaraika

chitrajaraika Platinum IL'ite

malligama

happy to see you again.after a long gap i am seeing you.your pet is very cute.he looks like chamathu pet in snaps but i think he may be very naughty.so you surely have a nice and wonderful time with your pet.share his updates frequently ma.i am eagerly waiting for it too.thanks for sharing your pet with us.your son really make you happy by this gift.now you will be very happy due to this new puppy mylo.say my hi to your cute naughty hero mylo

4. Custard

Custard Gold IL'ite

Wow!!! Mylo is such a cute pup! I'm sure he is bringing in lot of fun and happiness into your lives!!!!
    So, now you have two dogs again?!! :)

5. priya4prabhu

priya4prabhu Silver IL'ite

Mylo is such a cutie pie.. he is smarty eater i guess.. he will have to be in diet.. so leave him at his own taste

6. malligashivaram

Paulina I was hoping that you give the first reply being a dog lover, I brought up Jimmy too with the same amount of love ..because of love I seem to see jimmy in him so often :) Yes Paulina first I got shocked again a dog!!! will I manage him(the house was being Painted and polished ..so thing were haphazard) But from day one I was back in form loving and cuddling,...and his antic were different from the other dogs ...wont believe wanted to have a bath 3 times a day or he will bark the house down!! or he will have a little bath with drinking water...he will run and fall and run and fall being wet most of the time ...now I got that under control.
    thank you Paulina if you have any tips to bring up MYLO please give :):):)

7. malligashivaram

Soniya Ma I was busy with reconstruction works packing and unpacking , after that a doggy baby..I immediately became a Granny to look after his needs, clean up wash him utensil this that..now he has grown up ..he is more mischievous now wanting to play ball with his G dad ,making him take him for walks and simply plying and giving him attention.
    Time seems to fly now..eating apple now ,,love to eat anything from Mazza to sprite anything ...give you more news of him how are you ma ..and thanks for your loving reply loved reading it:):)

8. saktips

saktips Gold IL'ite

Hi Malliga Mam,
    Mylo is very cute. Glad to know about your new pet. Loved reading his mischief. It reminds me of my dog's initial days.
    Bye.

9. malligashivaram

Custard You really love dogs ..Just read you have 3 doggie really must be a very loving person..I feel If you have love and kindness you can bring up dog with love and fun...Yeah now again 2 doggies the elder is better now too..I see their antic together I feel my heart full ..my house is upside down ..going to train him this month onwards
    Have you bought up Labs .....do they eat everything ..The older dog would not eat if it is a fruit..veg they ate ..give me some advice I seem to have forgotten ...though I am enjoying them. Thank you Custard dear for your reply:)

10. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi Malli,
    Lovely hearing from you that you are enjoying the bringing up stage of Mylo.
    Ok since you asked , here are a few pointers for the food routine .
    all Labs have a tendency to put on weight fast , so watch his food intake.
    Here is a simple diet chart....keep innovating on these lines.

I’d like to share with you the diet particulars that we followed while raising our Lab Romeo who will be 5 this coming June 25th!

Home cooked food is best as there will not be any preservatives ….all ready made dog food like Pedigree etc., will have somethi
    ng added to make them last and whatever the TV commercials or even Vets recommend , please avoid the main meals .You can give the ready made dog biscuits since quantity consumed will not do any harm.

Morning – 7a.m- 8a.m .Make a porridge with Ragi flour / Samba broken wheat .Add diluted milk to make it easy to lap up.Total amount can be 2 cups of made up porridge Ragi / Broken Wheat (Dalia) with milk.Vitamin syrup like VEEROL can be given now.
    Vet can advise on the brand available there.

Lunch 12pm-1p.m.Two cups of nicely cooked mashed rice …very soft.Since you can give non-veg , please start with minced chicken ..keema.You can add half a cup of keema to this and give the mixed dish .Increase the chicken quantity slowly week by week.
    Add a few pieces of carrots chopped and cooked soft to this.

Tea time 4-5 p.m give 3/4 biscuits with a little diluted milk.Or even 1/2 slices of whole wheat bread .If you can give chapathi it will be still better.Break into small bits .You can give half a banana or quarter of an apple alternately each day.

Milk consumption should be reduced as dogs are lactose intolerant and have digestive problems with too much milk
    Dinner time 8-9p.m. Repeat the same lunch pattern .

By three months you can introduce boiled egg and chicken liver occasionally.Later on boiled chicken and soft bones like the neck pieces only ....no other bones.....will cause perforations and bleeding from intestines.
    Please start with half an egg and test as some dogs are allergic!
    Avoid grapes, raisins and chocolates and all our spicy food with masala and onions and garlic which will cause serious gastric problems .Grapes & chocolates are poisonous for them.

You can give 3Rusks or 3 Marie biscuits,but their own dog biscuits are best
    Ours have baking soda –not good for them
    Hope your Vet has advised you on all vaccinations …this is of utmost importance.The first year the booster doses will be done.All vaccinations have to be recorded.It is very important to get him to take all his shots as major illnesses can be prevented...I'm sure you remember this .

As Mylo grows he will demand more food ...go easy on the Rice quantity ,they put on weight real fast.

By the time he reaches one year he can be given only one solid meal at lunch and 1/2 chappathis for dinner only.

Inspite of all this, our Romeo is overweight!

Hope some of this helps for MYLO...all the best ...have fun
    and hope to see more pics here.

About drinking water ....Don't leave the full bowl around.They will always upset it and play in it .It is not advisable to let him be wet for long periods ...they get skin infections from moisture .Keep him dry always .You can give the water bowl at intervals and take it away as soon as he drinks enough.BTW, slipping and falling too often is not good for his back or joints ...he is still growing and so keep this in mind....we do not want fractures which will not be detected now but will caused damage in later years

For his teething period and his need to chew uo chappals etc.,Provide him with chew sticks ...they are available in all Pet shops of different flavours and sizes.This is the best way to keep him busy with his teeth.They outgrow this chewing up stuff habit around 1year plus only !! It can be quite a task to keep away valuable things at a safe height beyond his reach ...no regrets later<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 coordsize="21600,21600" o:spt="75" o:preferrelative="t" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" filled="f" stroked="f"> <v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:extrusionok="f" gradientshapeok="t" o:connecttype="rect"></v:path><o:lock v:ext="edit" aspectratio="t"></o:lock></v:shapetype><v:shape style="WIDTH: 21.75pt; HEIGHT: 20.25pt" id=_x0000_i1025 type="#_x0000_t75" alt=""><v:imagedata src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_image001.gif" o:href="http://www.IndusLadies.com/forums/images/smilies/biglaugh.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape>!

BTW, have you seen the movie "Marley and ME"...?
    If not do get a DVD and see it ...you will know what to expect while raising a LAB .It comes on TV very often in Zee Studio...look out for it .
    <v:shapetype id=_x0000_t202 coordsize="21600,21600" o:spt="202" path="m,l,21600r21600,l21600,xe"><v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:path gradientshapeok="t" o:connecttype="rect"></v:path></v:shapetype><v:shape style="Z-INDEX: 1; POSITION: absolute; MARGIN-TOP: 58.4pt; WIDTH: 1in; HEIGHT: 67.6pt; MARGIN-LEFT: 468pt" id=_x0000_s1026 type="#_x0000_t202"></v:shape><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8">…

PS ....the font of the main text turned out small ...I had this posted earlier and copied it from there...a reply to Sanri's post ...hence the small size !! You can enlarge it while reading from your end by zooming in after clicking on VIEW....sorry for the bother!