1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Dh Is Experiencing His Second Childhood

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by PushpavalliSrinivasan, Nov 5, 2017.

1. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

He will be completing eighty four in two months. Now he has started his childhood pranks.

On the first day of the start of the monsoon he was enjoying the rain and walking leisurely in the rain. He was going to my daughter’s house after lunch as this was his daily routine. When I told him that he will be getting severe cold, he told me that it would increase his immunity. My daughter also warned him that he would be getting cold and at this age he was behaving like a child and indulging in childhood pranks.

As I had predicted now he is having severe cold. I got very annoyed and for two days I just neglected and not suggested any remedy. He was sneezing and his throat also got affected. On his own he was applying vix and amirthanjan and his eyes also started burning and watering.

My daughter told him that she would take him to doctor, but he refused. From the third day I started giving him pepper kashayam twice a day as I can’t tolerate his sneezing sound which will make me shudder. Also daily I am making pepper rasam and pepper Kuzhambu and side dish poricha Kuttu as he likes it.

Though his sneezing has stopped, he is still having phlegm and occasional cough.

Sali pidithatho Sani pidithatho enru periyavanga summava solliyirukkanga?

I have to keep ready cough syrup because the after effect of cold is cough.

periamma, kkrish, knbg and 7 others like this.

2. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

After 75 or 80, the second childhood starts.Invariably only gents have this trait, I believe.Or are ladies pretending not to have such attitude?
    Not only walking in the rain, but urging wives to make dishes as his mother did,talking endlessly about Devan, SVV ,naadodi and others and repeating it daily without fail.
    Just in contrast some people become totally silent( even those who had been branded talkative) and hate to listen to others also.Those who were fond of children, start feeling annoyed when kids gather and shout.
    Some elders want to keep the front door wide open making it vulnerable and some are becoming too careful in locking and dragging the lock many times.
    This is nature.No one could escape.
    Jayasala42

periamma, knbg, PavithraS and 4 others like this.
  3. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

When all the moving parts are still working good, it is a celebration to have a child again.
    I wonder if there are baby sitters for them, so that the ladies may get together in their clubs or go to movies/theater/concerts.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear PS Ma'm,

My first instinct on reading the first para was "How cute!" who doesn't like walking leisurely in the rain? Well, not now for us - the rains during fall are freezing cold but come spring, I love it! Then reading about what you have to go through and how uncle also is bothered, I can understand. I am sure uncle has enjoyed that feeling :)

momsky and Thyagarajan like this.
  5. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:I enjoyed reading your thavippu and his Thillana in rains.Let Him enjoy like the way he enjoyed things as a child, as a boy, as an adult, as a man etc. If he had seen double rainbows and wondered then, He would enjoy watching it same way now too. Wordsworth too said "child is father of the man". He meant only this.
    2. For every malady is a melody and there is a remedy never mind bit cold cough & sneeze. Make adai for him. Stuff the cold & starve the fever. He would be immune. God Bless Us All.

momsky likes this.
  6. PushpavalliSrinivasan

DearJaya,
    My DH is very outgoing and talkative. I am an introvert and he is an extrovert. He also loves children and interact with them. There were times we both liked to keep the door open, but now though we don't keep the door open we don't keep it bolted when we are in the drawing hall. As we are staying in a gated apartment complex with security men guarding 24 hours and also there are cameras we are a bit relaxed as outsiders are not allowed without verification.
    PS

Thyagarajan likes this.
  7. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Quite a relief. Thanks.

8. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Nonya,
    My DH is very active and maintaining garden in our apartment complex. When we came here it was quite barren and we only brought potted plants. Then slowly some other residents also brought plants, but except my DH no one will water the plants.
    PS

kkrish, PavithraS and Srama like this.
  9. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Sabitha,

Cooly walking in the rain at his age,Then he did enjoyed the feeling, and now he is experiencing the after effects having cold, cough, sneezing and sore throat.

PS

10. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Mr Thyagarajan,
    Thanks for showing your concern. You understand my thavippu, but it seems he enjoy my thavippu.
    He hates adai and so I am unable to follow your remedy for the malady. He prefers rasam satham when he suffers with cold.
    PS

Thyagarajan likes this.