1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My dear Maggi

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Akanksha1982, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

My dear Maggi,

I am sorry to hear that you are going through tough times these days with all the accusation against you. But I am sure that you will come out through these tough times and provide your love to future generations, just as you provided to my generation.

Our friendship is nearing 25 years. Seeing you or even just your name brings smile on my face. As you know, many times my parents used you as an incentive for me to get things done by me. Whenever I was sad or sick, you were the only one that brought me happiness.

You have been with me during my exam times, my SSC, HSC exams and during my engineering where you gave me strength even at late nights.

You were also instrumental in me getting a wonderful husband. As you know, in my first meeting with my husband, I found that we were both Maggi lovers and that gave me a great relief as i didn't know cooking.

You always were there instantly to feed us, when i come home from work very tired and having no energy to cook.

As you know, i recently had a new born and can't take risk but my love for you shall always be there and my eyes are waiting to see you back on the shelves of the stores, may in some new dress and avatar.

Hope you are well and hope all the confusion about the lead in you gets cleared and you help us out.

Prayers for you,
    Love
    Akanksha

14 people like this.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Akanksha dear I thought Maggi means a very good friend of yours , did not think about Maggi which all children love and easy to make. Hope your prayers are answered

1 person likes this.
  3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Aks,

May Maggie "LEAD" the way to a better cheaper and faster eating.HAHA

Yes i too have welcomed maggie in my home long time back, bcs of my kids, who have outgrown them.

Great humorous bl;og AK, sad to see so few comments. My blog Sharabi, did not get even one comment, last week, though viewers were 100 or so.
    ]
    Write about MIL and SIL, and see the comments eh !

Regards

kamal

4 people like this.
  4. Akanksha1982

hehe... kamalji. you know i was thinking of something similar when i was writing lead. You captured it beautifully.

i did read your post and loved it. Sochti thi mein kuch likhugi phir baad mein bhool gai. I am sure the same must be happening to a lot of people.

5. CuteCancer

CuteCancer Silver IL'ite

There is a maggi pack in my fridge bought last month. Dont have the heart to throw out (or to eat) :crazy So keeping it for decorative purposes....

3 people like this.
  6. PavithraS

PavithraS Platinum IL'ite

Dear Aakansha ,

I could empathize your sympathy... Our politicians have started to "protect" us from "harmful" food items at the same time continue to sell / allow to sell Liquor in all forms with just a simple caution label over the bottle...

If those glass mates could choose to patron the known destroyer of health, it is only sad that kitchen mate Maggi and its lovers bore the brunt for having no freedom of choice ...

May be there was no "income" from the sale of Maggi to the politicians when compared to the sale of liquor , where Government earns a treasure exceeding expectations and setting targets on festive occasions too, one we have in Tamilnadu is frontrunner in that....

I am also confident once the Nestle group satisfy the "requisite " of our glorified politicians, whatever it means , Maggi will definitely be again in the shelves... Do not lose heart ...

I would also like to share a WhatSapp message that my husband received :

After Maggi's ban many prospective brides/grooms have removed one of their qualifications in matrimonial sites, that they know cooking !

Regards,

Pavithra

2 people like this.
  7. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Ha ha I get it! I grew up eating Maggie.. I was staying in Hostel during my engr days... The food at the canteen was horrible even though I paid 25K a year! At such times only maggi was there to save me from starving to death, for only 5rs!! Even to this day, until it made the headlines, It was my & my DH go to dish if we are fighting! :p

Nice write up! Thanks for sharing!

1 person likes this.
  8. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Ha ha yeah with a statutory warning printed in the tiniest font possible! :)

1 person likes this.
  9. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Amusing....folks clinging to Maggi (yummy lead and msg that makes you susceptible to hepatitis) and my guess is still avoiding frozen vegetables and leftovers. yumsmiley

1 person likes this.
  10. Akanksha1982

Yeh it is nostalgic. So many memories associated with it. Throw away the contents, keep the wrapper. I don't have any. Haven't ate it for nearly a year. I keep it in the shelves and not in the fridge. Are we supposed to keep it in the fridge?