1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Dear GFs, Please Forgive Me! I Lied!

Discussion in 'Wednesdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Mar 25, 2008.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chithra,
    I didn't do anything. But the last two lines of my post just vanished into thin air. Terms of endearment is not a formality, Chithra.
    Thanks for saying twice to compensate one miss.
    Love,

2. varalotti

Dear Sudha,
    Thanks for those nice expressions about me and my writings. Not that I wanted unadulterated praise. I was not ready to face any bad comments about this poem on which I had invested more than six months of my life.
    The praise of all the ILites is slightly tinged with a lot of love and affection for me. But one thing I learnt from this episode is that our ILites will appreciate something good, whoever may be the author.
    By extension, they will hesitate to condemn anything whosoever may be the author.
    Thanks for joining us here in this forum.
    regards,

3. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Malathi,
    Thanks for your "super nice" words !
    But I have no plans of punishing ILites, M !
    Love,
    Chithra.

4. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Dear Chithra,
    Beware Sridhar may get offended!
    Love,
    Malathi

5. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

So, as usual you have cornered me once again!
    All these are play of words.A mother's blind love for her son blinds her eyes to the injustice her son has caused to some one else in which the victim is punished!Even the notorious Auto Shankar's mother pleaded for mercy! Why in our epics, Savithri pleaded for Sathyavan's life to yama and pleased with her wisdom Yama returned back her husband alive. in all these cases it was past Karma that saved them or punished them. God is just a bystander watching all His creations at play.
    Regards,
    Malathi

6. varalotti

No Malathi. It is not a question of cornering. If God shows mercy only to those who are good, then, SHE is no God. God is the very embodiment of love. Karma theory is a double edged sword.

When you say that Sathyavan's past karma saved him, I can say that the mother's past karma or the son's past karma saved the son's life.
    Bringing Karma in will just add one more name to the existing list of imponderables and will neither help you or me in this discussion.

There is another reason for my proposition. If you say God is only just and fair and not loving, and you see some unfair, unjust people doing well in life, then you will become unsettled. Think of God as Love Herself, then whatever you see will not affect you.

Anbe Sivam.

At times we think we are punished for our sins. Even then I say it is not punishment. For if God has to punish us to establish Her Rule over us, then again, SHE is no God. God wants us to know that what we have done is wrong. He first sends some light signals in the direction. If we can read those signals and correct ourselves God jumps in joy and confers more and more favours on us. But if we ignore the signals and continue hurting people, he sends some very strong signals. If we ignore them too then he sends the strongest possible signal, just by shifting us to our victim's position and making us go through the pain we inflicted on others. It is these signals we mistakenly call as punishment.

But if we are to say God operates under an eye for eye Babylonian law, then we make Her worse than the cheapest dictator. And that to me is the worst possible blasphemy.

regards,

7. varalotti

Most Gracious ILites,

Now that you have agreed to be my GFs, the question now is what next. You know Varalotti cannot be idle for long.

So I have come with another embarrassing question this time,

Will You Come With Me?

I think now you know better than to jump to conclusions reading the title of the thread.

Read it carefully and then tell me what you think.

Have a great week-end.

Love,

8. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

On a step by step instructional class to Creative Writing.

9. corallux

corallux Bronze IL'ite

My dear BF,

Now you have made me cry.....

How can I describe your poem? Just GOOD will not do.....It goes beyond good.

It echoes what every human should be thinking when we run after Divinity for more.....

Sorry BF , did not mean to ignore your poem.....Just a thought....

If you are so talented, you wife must be multi talented. After all Prerna for all this is your lovely wife.....

Hts off to you both.

Regards,

Lakshmi

P.S I hve been told by my friends to use Lakshmi instead of Corallux

10. varalotti

I am moved by your kind words, Usha. But the problem is I am yet to learn quite a lot about creative writing. May be the next thread will be like, "Will you please sit with me in a creative writing class?"
    Together we shall listen to someone who writes really well.
    regards,