1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Dear GFs, Please Forgive Me! I Lied!

Discussion in 'Wednesdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Mar 25, 2008.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

My Dear GFs, Please Forgive Me! I Lied!

I am now standing before my GFs with loads of guilt choking my heart, seeking your forgiveness for what I have done. I have always banked on your love and affection. The one thing I know for sure, as sure as the sun raising in the east, is that you will never let your BF varalotti down.

As a person charged of an offence, it is my duty to explain my stand. To describe the extenuvating circumstances, which the lawyers say is an integral part of justice.

But first the confession!

I will have to admit sheepishly before you all that I am the 'friend of Malathi Jagan' who wrote the poem, Rally Against God. I have been enjoying your love and affection all along.
    Another instance of God's injustice. Conferring on someone something he does not deserve! I know very well that overwhelmed by your affection for me you will praise whatever I write. You know for a mother, whatever her child does is wonderful. Kakkaikku.... than.....

I have already attempted few poems. One was even published. Two of them appear in IL. But some of my friends (again GFs) told me that they were not poetic enough.

Hurt by those remarks I started writing this poem more than six months back. And these six months I have been through many things. Happiness, gains, losses, sorrows and pains. I used to write a line or two only when I am in the best of my moods. I completed the poem last Thursday.

Meanwhile an interesting exchange of ideas, mostly spiritual, was happening between me and Malathy. I had read her poems in the site. She is an acclaimed poet of our community.

Her letter to her son, though written in simple prose was poetical and was beautiful. I had this flash to have my poem posted as that of Malathi's friend. I wanted to stand away and see what you really think about my work.

In this arrangement I was sure that if you had found the poem worthless you will not have hesitated to say so. So when you started praising the poem I was really thrilled. Some of you went ahead and even found out the 'culpirit'. Some of you found out but did not tell but rather hinted about the authors identity in your responses.

I could not conceal myself any longer and hence I have now come in the open.
    Whatever may be the reason, to have lied to one's good friends is definitely an offence involving moral turpitude, as they say in criminal law. I seek your pardon. And if you think I do not deserve your pardon, I am ready to accept any punishment that you may give.

At times when you ask your six year old to sing, he will feel so shy that he will ask you all to close your eyes as a condition to his singing. I did the same thing in a different form.

I am posting the poem here as a ready reference.

My special thanks are due to Malathi Jagan, who being a much better poet in her own merit, instead of posting her own poem, posted mine describing that as the work of her friend.

My namaskarams to Cheeniya Sir who visited the thread and posted another touching incident which shall stay with me till I live. I am indebted to all the kind souls who replied in that thread.

With the kind of love I enjoy from you all, I can easily extend the 'injustice' of God to your love as well.

May you all be ever blessed.
    love,

Last edited: Jun 4, 2008

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

A RALLY AGAINST GOD
    A Poem By Varalotti Rengasamy
    Once there was a rally against God.
    He was unjust, they said and I did nod.

Off we went in a procession long
    To tell the world that God was wrong

At the end we all reached the town hall
    When the night was about to fall

One by one they all climbed the stage
    To speak against God, to vent their rage.

One said, “Not even once did He give
    What I wanted in order to live.

There was no house grand
    A wife fair or enough land.

Children smart or a car so long
    He was always in the wrong.”

Another went up and cried and cried
    What did I do, why should I be tried.

My health was never good
    For I never had enough food.

For everyone there was always light
    But my life was one long night!

So it went on till it was very late
    And all had spoken about their fate.

Then they called me on the stage
    And said you talk about your unpaid wage!

“Forgive me” I told them all
    “I do not belong to you at all”

“But when we cried that God was unjust
    You joined us; you walked with us and did your best!

“Yes, I did” I did sob
    “What happened?” cried the mob.

‘God is unjust’ you said in verse
    But in my case it was the reverse

He gave me love; He gave me life
    He made me a man and gave me a wife;

He gave me the sun; He gave me the moon
    And this whole earth! What a boon!

“Then why the hell” they all shouted
    “Did you protest?” my sanity, they all doubted.

“He is still unjust”, I said amidst tears;
    They came near me; they were all ears.

For I do not deserve the food I eat;
    The house I live or the love I get

I do not have the merit to deserve my wife
    Nor have I the right to live my life!

He gave me brains and made me wise;
    For left to myself, I’d have been otherwise

Was I worthy of His gifts, He never did think.
    He gave and gave and in shame I did shrink

There were many who were ready to serve
    Yet, he chose me though I did not deserve

In this way say I must
    That He is the most unjust

For if He’s only just and fair!
    I could not have got even the air!

That was the reason did I say
    He was unjust and had my way

He knows what to give and when
    Know His love, my dear men!

We have not earned what we have!
    We have only what He gave!

What grudge do I have against Him,
    When He 'loves' me to the brim

A love which I never could earn
    A love the depths of which I am yet to learn

To say these things in verse, I tried
    But thinking of His love I only cried

God is unjust, I was sure
    For He loves us without a cause
    And loves us in spite of us

God is love and love, God
    He was unjust, they said and I did nod.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2008
  3. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Huh!! You had already posted it here !!??

I am freshly back from sending you a pm and preening the fact that I 'guessed' who this friend and author of the poem was..............

So much for my astuteness !bonk

Sridhar.....what next?! This is admirable.

L, Kamla

4. srinivasan_vanaja

srinivasan_vanaja Gold IL'ite

Dear Sir,

Though at the beginning I could not identify the Poet, when Malathi said that she is going to nominate this poem for "Finest Post for March 2008", I had my own doubt.

How can she nominate a post, which is written by a non-ilite? I felt something behind it. But I replied it immediately "Go ahead". After all we are GFs of yours. At least 1% of your intelligence would be there in us too, Sir.

Now, how do you stand before us you know? Like mischievious kid Krishna standing before mother Yasodha.

You deserve a punishment now. Ask :bowdownyour God to be "injust" (according your interpretation in the poem) to your GFs too :biggrin2:.

5. srinivasan_vanaja

srinivasan_vanaja Gold IL'ite

Malathi Jagan,

You are a real GF Computer Typing.

6. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    First let me thank you for being called an acclaimed poet by none other than a great writer as Varalotti who has many books and awards to his credit.Nothing could have given me more joy than your words of praise! But I still doubt whether I deserve that! But then, who does not yearn for recognition?Modhira kkaiyaal kuttu patten! Dhanyanaanen!

I want to defend God with all my faith-He IS A PERSONIFICATION OF LOVE! HE can never be unjust! If He has given us love, we deserve it! If he has given us good people around us, we deserve it! And if we choose to decline HIS gifts and go about our sinful acts and fall from His grace , then we deserve that too!
    This part is news to me!I thought it was your maiden attempt!
    Sridhar, Now I hope your inhibitions about our Ilites are cleared!If a write up has touched the hearts, fbs. will pour in whether it is Cheeniya sir, Varalotti, Chithra or a Tom, Dick and Harry!
    Now we can look forward to more poems from you! We are sure they would be as good as your stories and middles.
    Regards,
    Malathi

7. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear Sridhar
    It was a very pleasant surprise that you were the one who rallied against God in reality!
    Hats off to you for penning a profound and yet easily understandable poem. In fact, I felt compelled to bring in Poothanam and his Gnappana upon reading yours. Both reflect similar sentiments of total devotion to Him and look upon themselves as undeserving of His Unbounded Mercy.

While the average human being always nurses a grievance against Him that He is more favourably disposed towards everyone else, you reflect an attitude that binds the soul more to Him. A beautiful creation, Thambhi!
    Sri

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

SridharRant,

How could you doubt, your GFs. I infact guessed it yesterday, wanted to ask Malathi, there is a definite way it was written, which brought to me visualizations of madurai and the chariot for some reason...

When I scribble a few lines and post in the poetry section :hide:,I don't understand the need for hiding behind another GF, when you have written it so well.

It is a beautiful expression Bow.

9. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

sridhar,

you are guilty under GF's law and thereby 'YOU SHOULD WRITE MORE' --- as a punishment for lying and hiding behind another GF's id...to get a response for your poem.

I had a doubt when Malathi asked for the nomination and vanaja answered yes,
    as a rule here, only ilites' work can be nominated...

great work, go ahead with your works...

sriniketan

10. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Varalotti
    So this shows how much you trust your GFs???????????...........Anyway friends mistakes are always forgiven.............Bow
    Wow the poetry was really good and enjoyed it too. Hope we get more poetries from you......