1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Daughter's Wedding - The Post And the Pictures

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Feb 17, 2010.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vijee,
    You also have to forgive me for inordinate delay in responding to your fb. Was busy with the blogs and other work and did not notice this tread for a while.

thanks for the nice words you have about us and about this marriage.

It was not something easy for us. I could not digest her proposal in the first go. But I didn't decide at that time. I thought and thought and finally my Lord showed me the way. And as it always happens, it was the only right way in the situation.

thanks once again,
    love,
    sridhar

2. varalotti

Dear Parvathi,

As we were discussing this marriage one of my friends told me that 90% of the love marriages fail while only 10% of the arranged marriages fail.
    I was shocked. How can I send my daughter in a way which has not worked 90% of the time?

Of course it was a piece of standard statistics. And yet I could not decide unless I rebut this statistical assertion.

And then I had a flash. Why do 90% of the love marriages fail? Because the parents oppose. In fact the statement is not phrased correctly. It should read '90% of the marriages not supported by the parents fail.' That's true. Because the youngsters lose a very precious lifeline if the parents are not with them in their marital decision.

With this new found knowledge I decided to place my daughter in the 10% category simply by accepting her love.

the rest is history.

thanks for the nice words, Parvathi. You are not to be seen in my blogs these days? Why? Have I become a little boring?
    love,
    sridhar

3. varalotti

Dear Anabika,

There is no need to be sorry for the delay. For my delay in responding to your reply is no less.

Thanks for the nice words you have for us, our pictures and my post. I'll surely pass on your wishes to my daughter. See how pleasant a job is that.. a father passing on the wishes of one daughter to another.

Well, Preethi did not mean that. But at that time in that situation I felt hurt. Even Preethi does not know that as she never visits IL. But you know that happens. And one has to be prepared for that.

I did not have any doubt on my teacher's love. But you know he is a very religious man and has strong religious views So I was afraid that he may oppose the intercaste marriage and may not be interested in teaching me. But he was very kind, he came to the marriage, blessed the couple and the classes are continuing

thanks once again for coming in. Sorry for the delay.
    love,
    appa

4. varalotti

Thanks Senorita for the nice words and the kind wishes.
    Oh, do I look awesome.. you have made my day.

thanks once again.
    sridhar

5. smiley2009

smiley2009 New IL'ite

Hello Sridhar Sir,
    Sorrrrry for belated wishes.
    I wish the wonderful couple a HAPPY MARRIED LIFE
    MAY ALL THEIR DREAMS COME TRUE
    I think I am the one who is so late in writing. Sorry for this.
    A few days ago, I read the post. You know how I felt. Exactly like my parents telling me my marriage experiences.
    5 years ago, my parents were getting me married. My mother was telling my aunt after marriage, "I dont know, how all the things were happening, as if it was like we were in Trance"
    So after reading the post, i felt the same. It is so beautifully written and verry well expressed.
    Felt verrry verry good after reading. Thank you so much.
    I am blessed to read your posts.

Thank you so much Sir,
    Warm wishes,
    Smiley