1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Daughter's Wedding - The Post And the Pictures

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Feb 17, 2010.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Coffeelover,
    As I said in my reply to you in my blog, we share a common passion - coffee.
    Thanks for the time spent on my writings and the blessings heaped on my kids.
    I am learning the inner meanings of Azhwars composition from Dr.Arangarajan.
    You can look at the pictures, CL. Be a good girl and complete 50 posts in IL (excluding blog comments) then you can have a look at the papers. First I had placed the pictures here in the open but later on the advice of Admin people have moved it to the Meet-up thread which you can access only if you have made 50 posts. Do it fast and let me know.
    Dad has come out of the hospital and is better now.
    regards,
    sridhar

2. varalotti

Dear Varloo,
    You are right. When Indhu and I were married, I just took Indhu on my bike and rode away from the mandapam on the day after marriage. Indhu's mother was crying; her father never shows his emotions. But Iam sure he was suffering inside.
    Well whatever I did is now happening to me, ha ha ha.
    sridhar

3. varalotti

Thanks, Muzna. I don't know whether I made you sad or happy, stirring your past memories. I for one have always been taking my brothers for granted. Only now did I know that for them my word is the law. And by their love and affection they have made me think whether I deserve such gems at all.
    I deserve none of the bounties which God has showered on me. Having such brothers is a bounty which is on the top of the list.
    Very touching to know about father's love. It's not just having love, muzna but also understanding that his love should not hold you back. That's the real love and your Dad has it. May he be always blessed.
    Yes, my father is okay now. We are back from the hospital.
    thanks once again,
    sridhar

4. manasa_gs

manasa_gs Senior IL'ite

Dear Sridhar Uncle,
    First of all , my heartiest congragulations to you and your family. You know i could really feel how u felt and how your daughtrer felt, coz even my mariage happened the same way. My marriage was a love marraige, but now parents are really proud of me and my husband, and they have started feeling that i have selected a very good partner.

Iam sure that you will definitely feel the same way. By the way your daughter looks stunning. :)

convey my regards to her and may god bless her with all teh happenings in the world.

5. varalotti

Dear Manasa,
    Your words are those which any father would love to hear. I am happy that you were able to understand my feelings at this crucial point in my life.
    May your words come true, Manasa.
    Will surely pass on your compliments to my daughter.
    thanks for invoking the blessings of God on her.
    love,
    sridhar uncle

6. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Sridhar,
    don't say that you took Indhu home on your bike! You are incredible!

7. varalotti

Yes, that's what I did on 4th February 1984, the day after our wedding. If in doubt you may ask Indhu.
    sridhar

8. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar, Indu and Varloo,

This incident of Indu going off on Sridhar's bike was what my mil (indu's mom) described before Preethi's wedding and i remember pulling Indu's leg, that not once she glanced back at her mom and rode away on her new hubby's bike.....ha ha.....so its a true incident and was remebered by all of us .....i guess now Indu and Sridhar would have felt that same parting feelings which her mom was remembering recently!:rotfl:thumbsup

9. varalotti

Oh My God! Is that incident so much quoted among the family circles! I never realized the importance of it till after a long time. At least for Preethi she went away with her in-laws. Thank God we were not there to watch her going away. And when she went to Chennai Indhu and I deliberately planned not to be at the station and see the train puffing out of the station. Had we done that it would have been very difficult to console Indhu.
    love,
    sridhar

10. Sobhi

Sobhi Senior IL'ite

Reposting my comments again below which were in Page 3 of this thread :)

Hello Sridhar Sir

Tears rolled down my eyes reading the description of your daughter's marriage. What a marriage. Your daughter is really blessed to have parents like you and Indhu aunty. Also your post about family and relationships and friendship. Life's balance sheet : very very true.

Iam so happy to see the Ilite's in photos. Faces behind the names, can now connect easily.

I had a totally different imagination of how you would look like.
    Seeing your picture i was laughing at my self :)

Very Very Heart Felt Best wishes to the Married Couple. Please convey my wishes to your daughter.

Wish her a Happy, peaceful, prosperous and successfull life ahead.

shobha