1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My daughter lunch box recipe pls

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by jayyu5, Jan 13, 2012.

1. jayyu5

jayyu5 Gold IL'ite

Hi
    I would like to know some good lunch recipes for my daughter's school.

I give her only tiffin.

She eats vegs only in indirect form..so i boil and mash them with chap or dosa and give.

Please tell me some interesting and simple recipe.

She likes to eat sweet.

JAy

2. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

If its only tiffen , you can try Pasta (Indianised)/Poha/Upma with some veggies.

3. blessbabydust

blessbabydust IL Hall of Fame

Try the below ones :-
    1. Grate carrot +cabbage (into thin slices) and mix it with the chappati flour (or you can take the juice of the veggies and use them instead of water ) this gives very nice color and taste .. try them using colored veggies ( one day carrot , beetroot , spinach with the combination of plain colored ones like radish , cabbage )
    2. also you can make funny faces --

cut carrots in shape of thin strips ( two pieces )
    Cucumber in round shape
    tomoato in trinangle shape

toast the bread and slightly apply butter and place the carrot ( as eyebrow ) and cucumber as eyes and tomoatos as nose ) this will may the children more interesting to eat ...

4. narra

narra Silver IL'ite

hi jayyu,
    try peanut butter & jelly sandwich. don't have any idea peanut butter and jelly available in india or not. peanut butter is well known as a good source of protein. kids love it.

5. kishoremommy

kishoremommy Platinum IL'ite

Colourful Idlies:

Grate carrot ,tomato,beetroot into thin ,long,stripes.If you are making idlies keep carrot in the idli cup and then pour the batter over it.Likewise tomato and beet.After it is cooked ,you can get colourful idlies.

Colourful Dosas:

Same thing for dosa.After,you spread dosa batter on tawa,spread carrot,coriander leaves,tomato,beetroot,onion,capsicum,cheese,paneer,anything according to the colour combination and your daughter's likings.

Kutti Dosas:

Pour dosa batter with the help of a tablespoon.You can make up to 7 or 8 dosas on a tawa at one time.You can spread grated veggies over the dosas.You get kutty dosa with colours.

Colourful Roti:

Wash spinach and grind them in mixie to form a smooth paste.You can add this paste with atta to make green poori,green chappathi.Even by mixing it with dosa batter you can make green dosa.

Grind carrot to a smooth paste and mix it with atta for orange colour roti or with dosa batter to make orange colour dosa.