1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My daily planner

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by gdivya85, Feb 17, 2011.

1. gdivya85

gdivya85 Junior IL'ite

Within a span of 2 months, I reached the mark of 'the owner of 50 posts' in Indus ladies. This virtual community has thought me a lot of stuff and involved me into variety of activities. Right from cooking tips (and that’s how I started using IL and got comfortable to using an online service that connects unknown people to each other), religious activities, prayers, to do things during a get together. When I started to think about my next venture in IL, on a lazy evening, sipping a hot cup of tea, the idea of blogging popped out of my mind from somewhere. And here I come, with my humble blog, reaching 1000's of ILtes all over the world :)

While thinking about the title of my blog, my mind wandered from movie reviews to my recent vacation trip to what not! But suddenly from nowhere, my daily planner caught my attention. Thus, I decided to write my first blog as a tribute to my cute little planner that helps me to plan/organize my daily activities. New Year resolutions are meant to be broken. Having the experience of broken resolutions for several years, I decided to have a New Year goal for 2011 - maintaining a daily planner. My husband helped to start out my daily activities my writing down the to-do list for the first day - Jan 01, 2011. Honestly, I have never been this organized in my life before and all credit goes to that little bundle of pages - MY DAILY PLANNER!!!

2. SARASVADIVU

SARASVADIVU Silver IL'ite

Dear divya,

A "daily planner" for the content of blogs...hm....seem to be quite interesting.
    Being a new member in this esteemed community, your details of how you had benefitted from 'IL', is worthy of reading!!!

:cheers

Sarasvadivus

3. sureshmiyer

sureshmiyer Silver IL'ite

hi divya

keeping care of little things helps

Best wishes

cheers
    suresh

4. sojourner

sojourner Silver IL'ite

> reaching 1000's of ILtes all over the world

Some of whom are fellow Hoosiers :)

5. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

We get lots of benefits form this site. Does anyone know who started this site? I couldn't get much information about the founder of the company. I would like to dedicate a day for her.
    May be an interesting write up about daily planner blog
    i will read it as soon as you write about your experience with the planner.
    Good day!!!!!

6. nityakalyani

nityakalyani Gold IL'ite

Divya, yes IL is a great platform to share your ideas. There are so many who share with us their personal experiences which we might not have done anytime. The soothing writeups or talks are so sweet that one tends to forget their pain in life and be part of this global community. There are so many fields/forums that one gets to see.
    Nice way to start a planner. So you must have completed one month in this year. Why not provide a write up on it. Will wait for same.

7. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi Divya...welcome to the blog world...
    nice start and especially maintaining a planner.mmmm....sounds interesting

one small out of the box q::are you by any chance a 2006 passout from the IT branch of SJCE??

8. Malar2301

Malar2301 Gold IL'ite

" well planned is half done"...Welcome to Blog world Divya...All the best to shine...

9. sojourner

sojourner Silver IL'ite

Coffeelover:

> Does anyone know who started this site?

This link may answer your question, at least in part:

Life: Style, Books, Gardening, Health, Fitness and Travel | Statesman.com
    --------------------------------------------------
    Divya:

My "planner" consists of stickies on my door, that stare at me as I walk into my study. I still manage to ignore most of them :)

10. umaamruth

umaamruth New IL'ite

hi divya, i am uma.yesterday only i joined IL. my sister told me about this. i feel energetic when i think that iiiiii am going to use the computer ina appropriate way atleast now. really iam thankful to my sis.soming to the point, DAILY PLANNER is very useful for those who have short memory. i am practicing for years and i am successful in completing the works on time.thanks to my hubby who taught me about this. a good start in the beginning of the year.proverb says A GOOD BEGINNING IS HALF DONE. CONGRATS.