1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Dad's Legacy

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@iyerviji
    My dear Viji
    Very true Viji. I am sure our members in general and your fans in particular will take notice of this.
    This is the problem with cats. It's ok if it is a small one like a pug. My daughter has a huge Saint Bernard and whenever I go to her house, it jumps on me with his feet resting on my shoulders. I often lose my balance and fall down!
    Sri

2. gorgeous23

gorgeous23 Silver IL'ite

back when we were kids, one day we were woken up with incessant mewing on the roof, when me& my brother went to check,it was a strange rather ugly hairless creature crying non stop. my father told it was a kitten abandoned by its mother. he said somebody must have touched it & its mother would not take it back. we took milk to it, built an enclosure around it with some clothes & kept it in roof thinking its mother would take it back, but she would come around, watch from a distance & never take the kitten.
    we bought it down after 3 days & sort of adopted it. as we were grown ups & had no small child at home, this kitten became the child , mummy even bought a small milk bottle with nipple to feed it :blush:
    The kitten was the centre of attraction among all the neighbour kids & daily, many small kids would come in the evening to play with it. we would talk to the kitten & you could actually see it responding as if it understood everything. in its entire life of over three years, it would roam around in the house, but never did it enter the kitchen.

it would sleep with my brother in his bed & since i would scold it if tried to climb the bed from my side, it would take a round & then climb from his bed.
    and talking of embedded programming, even though it was not taught by its mother, it would hunt mouse & birds with ease.
    it died after three years & it was so heartbreaking. some other big cat had bitten it & even though we took it to vet, it couldnt be saved.

3. Cheeniya

@Afresh
    Dear Afresh
    I keep forgetting that we live in the age of abbreviation. Every day, I get a WhatsApp message from my niece reading 'GM, CTP' The unabridged version of it is 'Good morning, Chittappa' (Uncle)
    I now learn a new word 'ow'. Thanks a lot!
    Sri

Afresh likes this.
  4. Cheeniya

@gorgeous23
    Dear gorgeous
    That's a very touching story that almost made me change my opinion about cats. But this finale
    made me remain firm. Cats may have nine lives but their end is always caused by their compatriots. Dogs invariably die a natural death if they stay clear of moving automobiles but not cats. I am not surprised by the end of your pet cat. Some big bully must have got jealous of all the love you were showering on the young one. Here is some info for you on the life span of cats
    Sri

5. gorgeous23

gorgeous23 Silver IL'ite

yes, you are right, till the time we had that poor cat, some three four big cats ( we call them bilauta in hindi ) were almost always after her. the cat was rather a a pet of the entire neighborhood, she would go around to other houses, but invariably come back to our home, .
    she did survive one attack, but the second attack spelled her end.
    after she died, for many months, these bilautas would come & mew loudly outside for milk, but we were so angry at them, we shooed them away.

Cheeniya likes this.