1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Dad's Legacy

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@GeetaKashyap
    You got me wrong there Geeta. I was not talking about 'any animal'. I was only talking about dogs.Dog psychology is a lot more complex than other beings. If you take your dog for a ride in your car, it would put its head out of the window and enjoy the wind caressing its face. But try blowing air on its face with your mouth and you will be lucky if your mouth doesn't get chewed off.
    Our legs are our greatest traitors. They just let us down badly when there is a crisis to face. I tell you this from my personal experience.
    I have always known you to be a sensible girl and this statement proves it. Cats have a photogenic face. Dogs have to work pretty hard to look presentable. Cats are dangerous schemers and it is better to keep them at arm's length.
    That's sad. Only humans have the habit of judging others by their appearance. The Hunchback of Notre Dame had a golden heart and yet he was laughed at and bullied by his countrymen.
    Join my gang Geeta and we'll have fun with lizards!
    Sri

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  2. Cheeniya

@shyamala1234
    My dear Syamala
    Monkeys are not animals but our ancestors. See how you have used the words 'started visiting our area'. Have you seen this ad in which monkeys make Kajol dance to their tune?
    Considering that monkeys possess most of our attributes, it is understandable that you are afraid of them.
    Stray humans in streets are a lot more dangerous. You would have been trading from newspapers how armful these stray humans are!
    Open your heart Syamala! This planet has not been created just for humans.
    Sri

3. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mr Cheeniya,
    Just day before yesterday I saw a lizard lying on the floor of the kitchen. Normally the lizard would start to run after hearing the footstep. Hence I stamped my feet from a distance to see whether it reacts. But there was no reaction and I called my hubby to check. As he also found no reaction we thought it was dead. So I brought a tray and broom and shifted it in the tray and it was just lying as dead. But when I took it down and threw it on the ground it just moved a little. I felt relieved to see it was alive.

Because of the lizard I remembered your post about lizard and logged into IL after a long time to see what hot topics are going on here.
    PS

4. Cheeniya

@Srama
    My dear Sabi
    Why only cats? Everyone in IL with whom you interact with loves you, me included! I am not a lover of cats but I admire them for their well-groomed appearance at all times though I do not approve of the means through which they appear dapper! The legacy of laughter that your dad has handed you is a lot more important than any other asset. Unfortunately laughter has become too artificial these days and used mainly as a business tool! Even comedy scenes in films are so artificial these days!
    Sri

Srama likes this.
  5. Cheeniya

@Afresh
    Dear Afresh
    Standing still and looking at the dog eye to eye is the same as 'freezing' but freezing makes it appear as though you are scared of the dog. Being scared of a dag is too personal to be admitted in public. Why should others in general and dogs in particular know about it?
    Did you mean a cow or owl which is me?! If is cow, why cow? Or could it be a crow? In that case, why a crow?
    Sri

Afresh likes this.
  6. Cheeniya

@PushpavalliSrinivasan
    Dear PS
    Nice to see you after a long while!
    About the lizard you have written about, a thought strikes me that it could have been a spiritual being in deep meditation. In Thiruvannamalai, it is believed that there will be three spiritual beings at all times there. One will be 'aroopam' or invisible. The second will be in human form. The third will be in an animal or insect form.
    Sri

7. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

I can vouch for the teaching about cats. . There was a stray cat in our backyard. Must have been a pet once but now abandoned. So cute! I was sitting on a bench and she coolly sat next to me. I patted her on her back. She stayed there till I went inside and then suddenly ran fast and entered before I could. It took us full four hours to trace her with a bowl of milk. We caught her and called the concerned department to take her to a shelter.
    So if you are not a cat lover, stay away from them.

Cheeniya likes this.
  8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My dear Anna

Good you are following your Dad's advice which shows you were an obedient son. In our days we used to listen to our parents and never go against their wishes . We are two sisters.Mydad always used to share his worries with my elder sister. I had the opportunity to look after him in his last days when .he had cancer. My sister wanted to look after but since she was working he wanted me to take care. With his blessings I am leading a happy life.

I don't know much about Lizards. What your Dad said about dogs is right . My brother had a dog in his house and he was like a member of the house. They were in Lucknow that time .But when they came to Mumbai the dog did not live long. My son has a dog and when I go to their she jumps on me to show her love.

We had cats in our house three generations. All were very much attached to my husband. We did not have any problem with their hair. Many people did not like them. The first one used to have food when my husband's used to have . Rice should be served from his plate to him.

When our house went for redevelop ment we shifted our house and from then no cats.

9. Afresh

Afresh Gold IL'ite

Dear Sir,
    I meant dog or ow, where ow means "otherwise"

10. Cheeniya

@HariLakhera
    Dear Hariji
    I once did that to a cat and it started purring. I did not like that sound a wee bit. Purring is one of the many annoying habits of a cat. You say you got rid of the cat in around four hours. That must be a world record!
    Sri