1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My craze for handbags, sarees never ends

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, May 10, 2011.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

You all know that I am very crazy about sarees and have collected so many on my own and also got gifts. This year also I got many sarees as gifts. Two for marriages, three from Dubai from friends and from daughter an dson in law, one from my son who bought orissa cotton for me, now waiting for many more. I need a bag to keep all these gifted sarees only. If anyone says that they like any saree I am always ready to give them. Earlier used to exchange from my cousin sister, now also exchange with my sister.

Same with handbags, I have so many big ones and small ones, some received as gifts, some bought myself. When I went to Bangalore last my sister gave me a handbag used it for sometime till February, then I saw my dh's niece using a nice one , a big one, with so many zips. Told her to buy for me and she gifted me which I use when I go to bank or any other work where papers are to be kept since it is a big one. Now the one given by my sister is lying inside. Also I am crazy of the small purses which are so many kept safely. In some bags something or other is there which I dont remember. I had kept revenue stamp in one of the purses and now I am not getting that purse dont know where I have hidden it. When I went to Dubai bought a small bag with two zips which I can carry when I am just going to a shop or temple. I was using that when I was in Dubai as I did not have much to carry and everytime Gopika used to see me with that she used to grab it. I am very careful with my purse which I have never given to my daughters also anytime only during functions when I am busy to hold it. But could not help Gopika having it. So when I came back to Mumbai sent her a lovely bag like that. My daughter said she liked it very much.

Earlier I used to be very fond of God's idol or any show item which I see but now I stopped buying those because after me who knows whether my children will use it or not as they say they also have so many and no place to keep.

Anything interesting I am ready to collect it. But now I think I should stop that craze but dont think it will be possible till I am there that craze will be there.

2. chitrajaraika

chitrajaraika Platinum IL'ite

Vijima share your handbag photos ma.eagerly waiting for it:)

3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Chitra dear thanks for the first and immediate fb. I have to take photos then only I can share, will do it leisurely when I get time.

Will let you know when I put it in my album [. Nice idea you have given , I never thought of it.

4. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Viji ma, it is really interesting to note that ur virtual IL daughter (me) also share the same passion !!

I love clothes, bags, matching earrings and matching hairbands. Now with short hair cannot use the hairbands that are big and loose but yet when I go for work try and wear matching accessories.

5. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

viji mami,

Each one of us have a feel good factor...
    I used to like buying shoes a lot. Now that craze is gone.
    Now-a-days any kitchen gadgets make my eyes sparkle.

Sarees - never had a flair for them. Mine are all sitting in my mom's house in Mumbai.

So, I dont feel you should stop them, but if they start cluttering the house, you might want to give the old ones away :)

6. chitrajaraika

chitrajaraika Platinum IL'ite

Thank you vivji ma for taking such suggestions.I too love bags but i cant buy:bonk:bonk budget othuvaraathu.:biglaugh:biglaugh

kodaikanal trip la vaanginen oru handbag antha bag model ipa than bangalore and madurai la famous ayitu iruku.

Exhibtion ponapa kooda yen baga paathu sila peru ketaanga.yenga vaangineenganu.

nan black color vanginen yenaku,mumyku goldenish honey color with mild brown and mil ku white color:)

mumy office everyone asked the bag.my mom asked me to buy that bag next time for my chithi.

Nan vaangunathu romba granda irukaathu aana attractive aha irukum

so waiting to see your hand bag collections:thumbsup

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Sudha dear thank you for coming here when only one fb wasthere. I know you are alway sthere to encourage me and motivate me. Thanks. Glad you also have the same passion. I think in many ways we are the same. Only thing you areexpert in crafts but I am not. Glad you too love clothes, bags, matching earing and matching hairbands etc.

8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Pavithra dear true we all have different passions, good to know you have craze for shoes and kitchen gadgets. You are from Mumbai. When you come to Mumbai we should meet.

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Soniya dear glad you also love bags and you bought a nice bag which everyone liked. When I come to Bangalore buy for me also. Glad you buy the best one. It will take time for me to tak ethe photo and upload it , will do it leisurely. Thank you for showing so much interest.

10. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Viji,

I don't know how I missed this this one. I love sarees, jewels and cook books. i buy regular books too.

I love to dress up. I enjoy changing my jewels everyday even for jeans and shirt.
    My sons told me that I shouldn't give away my cook books and magazines to anyone. So I am saving it for them.

Handbags, I love them too. I love to carry Indian bags ( cloth, mirror etc) then heavy leather ones.

when I visit you, I hope you will show me all your collection. Buy whatever you enjoy and don't worry about " after us". who knows our kids may like our stuff anyway.

Let us see your collection in your album.

Good day.
    CL