1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

my biggest head ache...

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Ramyaa27, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Ramyaa27

Ramyaa27 New IL'ite

my headache is my mother in law..she is a very big lier..she is not leaving my 5 month old son to me..

she always want him to with her.only i feed him(bottle feed) and shhe will take him back from me.

how my son identify me and loves me???am crying daily. no one s here to support..what shud i do?

2. crazysans

crazysans Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ramya,

Its natural to feel bad in that situation. But I don't know about your relationship with your mother-in-law. How about you too join with her when she took the baby away and spending some time together with both of them and then slowly take him back with you.That may make her realize that you are missing your son. Just my 2 cents, see if that works.

3. apster9

apster9 New IL'ite

Hi Ramya,
    I understand how you feel. Make full use of the time your child is with your mother in law to get all your work and personal chores done . This way she gets her time with her grandchild and you get your space. once you are free spend time with them both. after a while you can take your child .
    In the long run its nice to have someone pitch in .

4. tinku

tinku Silver IL'ite

Hi there,

Try to finish all your work when the child is with the MIL and then join them. Talk to him, play with him and say that you missed him in front of your mil. But dont hurt her.

5. JGVR

JGVR Gold IL'ite

take some toys,sit in front of MIL and play with your son.take a story book and start reading to him.if there are parks nearby take him out for a walk and spend some time with your child.

6. nelia

nelia New IL'ite

Why don't you go to parler, call your parents and talk in front of her, do some make up, watch TV make scene like you are enjoying your life , i am sure then she will leave him to you.

If you are breast feeding, close the door & play with him for for some 30mins and come out.

If your baby sleeps with you, if he wakes you, try not to come out immediately. Just say baby wont sleep without you, he cries for me like that . I don't think your IL is doing that wantely , you are blessed to have someone to help you out there are girls whose own mother rejects them.

7. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hey, I think that is mil psychology at its best. Act like you are having a ball and are only too happy to let her take care of the baby while you are having fun. Just see how quickly baby is handed back to you. :biggrin2:

8. polymorphic

polymorphic Platinum IL'ite

Fully agree with previous ideas. If you act like she is a babysitter she will hand over baby to you ;) make her occassionally do work like putting him to sleep, etc. Indian MILs have a great liking towards boy babies so maybe she really likes your baby. You can also see it as an advantage and work around it. I may sound politically incorrect here but it is a fact.