My Big Concern - Pls advice

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by jayyu5, Jan 13, 2012.

1. jayyu5

jayyu5 Gold IL'ite

Friends

I did lots of research and finally put my daughter who is 3.9yrs old in Srujana montessori school,as i wanted to give her a montessori environement of no exams and studying in play way method.

My daughter's cousins are already studying there, which i thought was a major plus and put her there. ITs been two weeks since she is going to new schoo.

Today when i went to meet her mam, i got to know that she cries in school everyday from 8.30 till 10.00am. Later settles down does activities and happy while going home. She is happy while going and coming by cab, so i never knew she cries at school.

Next is she does not eat properly at school and she keeps telling she is hungry.

Her cousin's are in senior montessori. She is junior montessori. But she always wants to sit with her cousins during van and lunch period. Her mam told me that please dont encourage her to sit with cousins, when she comes to school tell her she has to move with her classmates.

I dont know how to remove her insecurity and make her confident.

I sometimes repent if i have made wrong decision by putting her in srujana and should have tried for Navadisha. The reason i chose srujana was i have seen her cousins come up in that school. The school provides excellent individual attention to each and every kid.

Please give me some kind of tip or advice so that i can be at peace and make her happy to go to school and make her have breakfast int he morning before going to school. Am pregnant for mysecond baby. I dont want to cry now though i cried today ....:-(

2. vidukarth

vidukarth Platinum IL'ite

Hi, relax, don't worry, she will be okay soon. It is just 2 weeks she is in school. Once she makes friends she will be alright. Check with her teachers and with her who are her friends in class. If possible, try to interact with their parents and arrange a play date for them, so that they get closer. Also, when she is home, talk about her friend in school, and teach her some specific games or things that she can play with her friend in school. I have a 3 year old whom i put in school recently. She was only used to speaking tamil at home, and we live in US, so first of all, it took a week for her to get the basics of the language and secondly was friends.. but after 2 weeks, everything got well. they will be a little unhappy when we drop them because, they are still kids and might feel insecure when parents leave them, but they will be okay soon... sometimes even now,my daughter will be, a little off-mood, but will not cry when I drop her, but once she gets to the school activities she would forget things.. so don't worry, after a month u will see the change.

When it comes to having food at school, they have to eat on their own and mostly she will starve, evening when i pick her she will be damn hungry, so i always carry an extra pack of lunch box and would feed her while i pick her up.. morning breakfast is again a tough thing.. i dont give her milk or anything as she wakes up late, i would give her directly some rice, so that atleast she will have something, bcoz lunch usually is nothing as she has to eat on her own.

if she eats some 10 spoons in the morning, i would leave, bcoz atleast that has to stay and she should not throw up.. so don't worry.. they will be alright, every parent goes thru this..

Relax and wish you happy moments on your second pregnancy

3. jayyu5

jayyu5 Gold IL'ite

Thanks Vidu...to read your reply was such a big relief. Usually i am the one who is very strong in the sense, even if she cries i force her to school and all those. May be due to my mood swings now due to preg, i am feeling this way. Even my DH adviced me a lot mademe understand that its just a matter of time. So i am trying my best to relax myself. Since three days are holidays now, i am not going to think or talk to her of school.

Thanks for your comforting words...be in touch