1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Baby Gets Very Distressed Around Other People

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Ooviya, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

Hi Dears,
    Now my baby is 8 months old. My baby gets very distressed around other people. How can I help her adjust? if any one handle her otherthan me, she immediately starts to cry loudly. Now she rolling over,creating sounds, changing and holding toys in her hands and sit in walker straightly. Anything else reg. her milestone?? I only take care n handle her whole day.. very depressed and difficult for me...How can i manage or change her ??

2. sumzaya

sumzaya Gold IL'ite

R u staying alone or with parents? Some infants act like this since they see only their mom n dad. Usually moms r the only person they r seeing... Trry taking to parks or to neighbours house show other kids and make him/her feel.comfortable.. it.will take time... My DS had the same problem but changed on time.. but my DD had no problem since i took her to more into kids company and get-togethers and showed there r more beautiful people other than her mom ;)

Ooviya likes this.
  3. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

Sure.. First 4 months only stayed alone.. my first kid also didnt act like this.. When she ll change?? Am daily show more people ofcourse beautiful people... but nothing work out for her

4. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

This is very natural especially if you are the lone care taker.Start exposing her to various people. Take her out for a walk in park let her observe people sitting in your lap, soon she will start waving at people and smiling at them too.
    Don't force her to go to people, she will do it at the right time.

Ooviya likes this.
  5. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

she is smiling after see anyone... she is enjoying all in my lap.. but its very difficult for me.. Having severe back pain.. my two kids are c- Section only..

6. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

Is there any time period for this stranger Anxiety??

7. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

Any one tell me, When can i overcome from this-- Stranger Anxiety for baby???

8. bhagya85

bhagya85 Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    Each child is unique in their behavior.One of my friend's child is 3 years old.He doesn't like anybody coming even close to him.He doesn't like his mom talking to others either he tries to bring her attention to him or simply gets irritated.But definitely they will change over a period of time.
    She is too young to make her socialize or so..But continue to take her to other houses(different environment)..every visit to grandparents place will bring a positive change in kids.Don't tell others infront of her that she doesn't get along with strangers,this gets stuck in their mind so they'll find it difficult to break their own habit (many of them do this). Don't pamper too much at home too..let her stay alone in floor and play...being too protective can also make them feel insecure with others.

Ooviya likes this.
  9. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite