My baby belly is bigger than normal size at 32 weeks ultrasound scan

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by thangam2806, Sep 2, 2015.

1. thangam2806

thangam2806 New IL'ite

Hi ILs,

I am 32 weeks pregnant, I had an ultrasound at 32 weeks. My doc said that my baby tummy is bigger than normal size and over all weight is 4lb 7oz, She asked me to cut off rice & add proteins only. if I want to eat rice, just 1 scoop of rice only not more than that. if baby tummy size is increased still more, it is difficult for normal delivery she said. Pls help me with your replies. how to get energy without rice.
    can I take brown bread, oats ?

Thanks,
    Thangam.

2. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Rice is just carbohydrate which is the reason behind weight gain. You can try brown rice for a while.
    Proteins will fill you and give you energy. Try fruits and vegetables to fill you.
    You can have brown bread n oats too. Just keep it in mind.. "Anything in moderation is always fine with pregnancy."
    Try to avoid sugar or sweet stuffs for a while.

3. ambicavyomini

ambicavyomini New IL'ite

yeah putting on extra weight is not good for you and baby you should cut down foods that gains weight and switch to small portions eating and healthy eating fruits, juices, coconut water

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

congrats on your pregnancy. do check out this thread for ideas. yes you can have loads of energy without carbs.

are you a nonvegetarian..your proteins can come from chicken, and eggs. and if you are a vegetarian, eat fruits that are less sugar, filling, eat more salads, have proteins.. and look at millets like samai, kudiravali.

even barley can be cooked and had instead of rice..

go through this thread that has loads of options.
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/k...hape/241203-indian-lunch-ideas-sans-rice.html

5. thangam2806

thangam2806 New IL'ite

Thanks Vasumathy. yes I already take brown rice. but last 3 weeks frequently I had rice quantity much becos, friend's parties. It is my fault. I will follow your words.

1 person likes this.
  6. thangam2806

thangam2806 New IL'ite

Thank you so much for your reply Ambicavyomini. I will change my diet plan.

7. thangam2806

thangam2806 New IL'ite

Yes Shanvy I am a non vegetarian. i will increase non veg quantity... My doc too said the same. Thanks for your advice and ur link too. it is really very helpful.

8. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Replace rice with Quinoa...Lot of people who try to eat healthy mix rice with Quinoa...
    Please check with your dr before taking Quinoa

9. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Op, Is this your 2nd baby. Usually people gain more weight in 2nd time. If its first, don't cut down on nutrients just eat small portions frequently. If you are a south indian, rice is a staple you cant avoid that. Eat slightly less of rice. Not too less, becoz your baby is getting nutrition from your food.

Also tummy growth depends on each person's body. When I was pregnant I barely gained weight. Even at 8 months everybody used to ask me are you really pregnant?
    Remember don't starve yourself , but at the same time, keep watch and don't over eat but leave gaps.Good Luck.

10. thangam2806

thangam2806 New IL'ite

This is my first pregnancy. Sure I will do it as per your advice. Thanks.