1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My 7 years DD lacks concentration

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by Bagiya, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Bagiya

Bagiya New IL'ite

Hi,

My 7 years dd is smarts and her observation is very good. If she reads a lesson, she will answers the question in end of the lesson. But when she prepares for exam, she will not prepare and we cannot make her sit more than an hour. While writing also she spells the word properly but she will miss the letters.

Please suggest how to make her concentrate in her lessons.

Thanks
    Bagiya

2. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

hi,
    studying for an hour is more then enough for a 7 yr old child........what more do you expect.
    she needs to check her work before submitting...........this habit of checking is very important & should be encouraged .
    pragati

3. Bagiya

Bagiya New IL'ite

Thank you for the reply. One hour also she will not sit properly, in between, she will go to bathroom, to drink water and something or other and not concentrate on her lessons. How to make her concentrate on lessons?

Now i am making her to read what she had written so that she only identifies the mistake she had done.

4. lochu

lochu Gold IL'ite

Hi Bagiya

Its completely normal for a 7 yr old .MY son cannot focus more than 30 mins.Instead getting mad at her make studying and reading a pleasure and not a chore .I split the study time for my kid .I make him read in the mornings and then do the writing in the evening .I give him choices on the way back from home from school which homework you want to do first and I time him .Give more freedom to your kid she will be more responsible .I let him choose his own timings and order in which he does the homework .IF he is late he is not going to get the play time and he knows he has to earn it so he will focus.Create a quite environment for the kid when she is doing homework e turn off the TV when he needs to do home work .

5. Sreyavas

Sreyavas Bronze IL'ite

u can try giving him "FOCUS FACTOR FOR KIDS" which u can find in costco.

try to make her work more interesting ..., may be this helps.