1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

my 4 month old baby passing stool loose and he is having small wounds at his anus

Discussion in 'Infants' started by swapsree, Dec 27, 2012.

1. swapsree

swapsree New IL'ite

hi all
    my 4 months old baby passes loose stools he is getting stool almost when he passes urine also. he is having small small wounds at his anus. he is having this about one and half month. i consulted my ped there is of no use he is giving ointment that'sit.. we had motion test also and it is normal.suggest me any home made remedies to the wounds.

:help:help swapna

2. Vijayarahini

Vijayarahini Bronze IL'ite

Whenever he passes stools apply coconut oil. That would ease the redness and cures the wounds too.i heard this from my fren whose sun also passed motion often. Have a eye on his weight. If that's fine indeed not worry. Its normal for BF baby to pass loose stools. So don't worry but for wounds once u apply the ointment,next time coconut oil alternatively. Try and let me know whether this helps.

3. chotabheem

chotabheem Gold IL'ite

pls take a second opinion asap.. check with another paed.. LM is fine but not wounds ..

4. MahiSree

MahiSree Gold IL'ite

As Vijayarahini said, after cleaning the anus apply pure coconut oil.
    If you BF him, check your diet. If its spicy, then also LO may pass motion often and due to karam(in ur food), he might have got some wounds.
    Try this and if still it exists better consult a good paed.

5. kavithamadhan

kavithamadhan Silver IL'ite

I was suggested to put t-bact oinment for this. This is very normal during mothers feeding. only thing is handle with much care, if the rashed spread it will be very painful for kid. So keep the place dry after he passes motion use soft cotton dipped in water to clean the area...

6. Catgol

Catgol Platinum IL'ite

Hi babies may have anal fissure which is quite common ,as every one suggested apply coconut oil and it will heal on its own

7. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Why is he passing stools so often, that too for the past 1.5 months? What is paed saying? Ointment, coconut oil are all good for the wound. But for loose stools, have you checked for allergies? If you are EBF then please check if DS is allergic to something that you eat.

1 person likes this.
  8. Vijayarahini

Good take care of lo. Have less spicy foods so that ll help to an extent.You have pottukadalai everyday.

9. swapsree

swapsree New IL'ite

thanks for all ur ideas i am also doing the same applying coconut oil and now it is getting cured and iam taking the pathiyam only still now

1 person likes this.
  10. Vijayarahini

Good swapsree. Take care of yourself and your kid.