1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My 11 month old has rough and dark areas on her knees:(

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by Illusions, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Illusions

Illusions Bronze IL'ite

Hi
    My daughter started crawling when she was around 8 months. Now she is 11 months. Though she can walk few steps with support, she crawls mostly. With the hard floors, her knees are turning very rough and dark in color. I use only cetaphil for her and i apply generously on her knees. yet i dont see any improvement. She had eczema when she was small and i cannot go with any commerical products. Please advice some home remedies.

Thanks,

2. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Apply vaseline on her knees when she's asleep.This reduces the rough and dark patches.But the result may come after regular application for almost 2-3weeks.

4 people like this.
  3. Illusions

Illusions Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Dinny. thats a thoughtful idea. Will try

1 person likes this.
  4. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

I have found that rubbing coconut oil into scars works very well. Is take a few drops and rub it in with my thumb until the oil is absorbed. Keep repeating it several times a day - or even several times a sitting. It helped with my DDs eczema and chicken pox scars. Of course it was a nightmare to hold her down and do it everyday... But it worked...

Perhaps the same will work for her knees - but be careful as it might cause her to slip when she crawls. Since she's starting to walk, for a while why not make her wear jeans so that her knee is protected by the thick material? It's just for a few more weeks of crawling, no?

1 person likes this.
  5. Illusions

Illusions Bronze IL'ite

I will definitely try coconut oil. Oh thats a news. it cleared up eczema too.. thats nice. she was born in US and she had eczema issue. Once she is back in India, its all gone (touchwood!) still anything other than cetaphil, coconut oil i use on her, she gets rashes:|
    and about jeans, we are in chennai and needless to say about the weather. I myself had prefer minimal clothing given a chance (sshhhh) poor girl i feel pity t put her in any thick clothing. But i am making her wear some knee height frocks so her knees are covered sometimes.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  6. vsharma

vsharma Platinum IL'ite

Hi Illusions,

Why dont you put cotton pants which are available for kids which would cover their knees preventing to become more darker.

2 people like this.