1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My 10 days vippassana meditation course experience

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by ALPA, Apr 15, 2009.

1. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Satchitananda,
    Nothing is impossible in this world, everyone has different experiences, the important thing is to practise is everyday after you have finished the course, my elder sister and i both practise vipassana everyday for an hour and its really rewarding.
    PLease try it, India has so many centres and they courses going on all year round unlike here we have it in easter and in december.
    love
    alpa:cheers

2. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

3. indianguy2010

indianguy2010 IL Hall of Fame

Hi Alpa,

My excitement knows no bounds to learn that Vipassana is being taught in the African continent also. Nice to know that courses are taught at regular intervals in Nairobi. Though I learnt the technique way back in 1992 itself, I am seriously meditating only for the last eight years or so. For the first time, I am coming across a committed Vipassana Meditator here in IL. Feeling great..! Want to share more with you.............may be not in a thread or blog. Well, I will soon write a detailed PM to you (about me and Vipassana), when time permits (within a day or two). Till then, bye.

4. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Hi IG,
    vipassana is taught every where in the world, we now have permanent appointed teachers from Dubai, also in the middle east vipassana is being conducted. Here in Nairobi we there are normally 40 people attending the course we get a one one with the teachers and its really great, i have seriously started meditating for the past one and half years, but some times i miss a day or two but i do not cry over it, i just let it be.
    Vipassana is really great, i feel so much contented with myself and have so much of inner peace that i cannot ask for more.
    DO you know from the first day it self i had felt the sensations all over my body, i never had any gross sensations except for the back and now is even getting better, everyday is a new day of vipassana for me.
    I look forward to your PM.

5. indianguy2010

indianguy2010 IL Hall of Fame

'STP' means 'Satipattaan'. It is a slightly modified long course, especially meant for old students of Vipassana who have undergone at least three ten days courses......and also are practising daily seriously for at least three years.

6. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Thanks IG,
    Satipattana is also held here, and there are quite a few students who do it. Infact one of the commitee members of kenya vipassana stayed in igatpuri for month to do the Kiswahili translation ( native and national language of Kenya) of the vipassan course. Our course is conducted in english with kiswahiki translations.
    love

7. crazywriter

crazywriter Platinum IL'ite

Good to know that you benefited from it, Alpa. :)

8. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

Thank you very much Alpa,
    That was very kind of you to help... i will too search in website....

Shanti

9. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

10. easy

easy Gold IL'ite

thanks for the link