1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My 10 days vippassana meditation course experience

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by ALPA, Apr 15, 2009.

1. swapna15

swapna15 Senior IL'ite

Dear Alpa,

Sorry I am late here in this thread, just wanted to tell you that your experience about Vipassana has made me really determine to do it soon. I always wanted to do it, always thought I will do it 'some day', but reading your posts and having seen some videos on people's experiences about Vipassana on You-tube, I am giving it a serious thought.

Thank you very much for sharing your experience here,

Warm regards
    Swapna

2. priya4prabhu

priya4prabhu Silver IL'ite

Wow interesting one.. i might not be able to try it now.. but i wanted to give it a try, i would say

3. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Yes priya,
    try it, its really good for the soul and bodyand even pregnant women come to do the course their babies are callled vipassana babies. there are many centres in india you can do it any time
    love
    alpa:cheers

1 person likes this.
  4. wildrose

wildrose New IL'ite

Dear Alpa,
    I was given Vipassana in the year 2005 and it was like a new birth for me. What a revelation! I can't express how thankful I am to have found this technique. I practised it each day and took courses every year, monthly group sittings, etc. Initially, it was hard to make time and mainly get the mind to sit. My mind wanted to do everything else on the planet except meditate. On and off, I started sitting somedays....slowly it became everyday. I changed my eating habits too to help my jumpy mind settle. Its been several years and all I can say is that Vipassana has helped me tremendously. Still trying to be mindful during waking hours and it only gets better.
    If you have done 10 days courses and service, I would suggest going for the STP course because that deepens the understanding. Very beneficial.
    Its really nice knowing fellow meditators. Keep on going!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  5. sridevi1977

sridevi1977 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Alpa,
    I just came to know to read this. So... do you meditate every day for 1 hour still? I am going to attend a course this week end, since I feel I need some help to correct myself and need some help to really build positivity .
    can you suggest me to cope up my stress level now? any ideas shared by you wil be most help ful for me at this moment.

6. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

Dear Alpa,

That was really good reading about your 10 days vippassana meditation course experience.. Hope we have like that centres in Malaysia here to participate... Breaking your silence after 10 days.... i can understand when you mentioned you have to try than you will understand.... I totally agree...

Shanti

7. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hi Alpa,

I was just suggesting Vipassana to a friend some days ago and it was such a surprise to find this post here today. Am so glad it was revived. I have heard a lot about this and many have even suggested this to me. I have also heard from some that this was extremely difficult while others have said they thoroughly enjoyed this. Thanks for the information. Look forward to doing it sometime.

8. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Wildrose,
    once you practise it everyday you become so much aware of everything and of yourself. Sorry for the late reply.
    Whats STP course? please explain
    love

Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  9. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sridevi,
    yes i meditate everyday for an hour in the morning, before i used to do in the evenings, but now in the evenings for half an hour i meditate loving kindness meditation as taught by my spiritual Buddhist Guru. Meditation helps you a lot.
    I would suggest that you attend one, go without any expections and you will see wonders. For stress levels, stop stressing and focus on being positive, do the breathing i had explained to you and do it everyday in the morning and evening for at least 15mins
    love

10. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Shanti,
    there should be centres in Malaysia. log on to their website, i will look for it and post it here you will get informations for centres all over the world, i sat for my second course last yr and sitting again this year, i practise one hr vipassana everyday with my elder sis.
    its really rewarding
    love

Last edited: Jun 18, 2012