1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My 10 days vippassana meditation course experience

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by ALPA, Apr 15, 2009.

1. SoaringSpirit

SoaringSpirit Silver IL'ite

Dear Alpa,

Loved reading this interesting write up about your experience with the Vipassana course. It is indeed inspiring to read how much one can benefit from it.

I am an ardent and regular follower of spiritual practices and my faith in their immeasurable benefits is unshakeable because I have experienced the benefits myself.

I have read about the Vipassana course earlier too and have always wanted to take it. Your write up inspires me to make it happen one day soon.

I could only nod in agreement when you said that the eczema on your hands was gone and your face glowing at the end of the course. I have experienced similar physically changes in myself too. Not to mention the tremendous mental peace and stability that these practices bring in your life.

Good luck in keeping up with your practices and enjoy the wonderful changes that happen in your life as a result of it!

Luv,
    SS

2. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

Dear,

That was a beautiful post, explaining in detail about your viappassana course.

I have had a recent fling with spirtuality, and looking to make it as a life long love affair :). It is a welcome change and is so invigorating to feel at self during practices.

Recently, I attended a similar ( not a silence one) programme conducted by Isha Yoga at Coimbtore for 3 and half days. I can completely relate to your feeling of light heartedness and glow in face. In our program, one of the many rules prevented us from the usage of a mirror. Although I have never been concious about seeing myself often,the minute of seeing my reflection on a shop display after 4 days kind of bought a sense of absolute happiness. Wish I had the power to record that moment.

Do continue your practices. Good Luck

Cheers

Archana

3. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

My dear Manasa,

thank you for your reply, i am happy that you enjoyed reading my experience. yes it has started from India originally from Burma, visit Vipassana Meditation Website and you will get the info about it in india and they centres all over india.
    you can go for it put your mind to it and focus my dear nothing is impossible.
    yes food plays an importnat role now i am having difficulty in eating chillies
    hugs and metta
    alpa:cheers

4. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

My dear ss,

thank you so much for your beautiful reply and i am so touched by your word, my dear nothing is impossible just put your mind to it and focus and make it happen just do it, i am going for hte same again next year , as you have experienced the same you understand the immense peace and joy i am feeling within myself and i am feeling so positive.
    Go and register for the course adn do it, you CAN MAKE IT HAPPEN

With hugs, kisses and metta

5. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Archana,

thank you so much for your reply, i am so happy. i totally understand what you felt when you saw yourself in the mirror. even today my BF told me that your face has cleared you look so much at peace and calm, he loves my calmness and we have bonded so much after this beautiful experience.
    if you get a chance do attend the VIPASSANA meditation you check out the website Vipassana Meditation Website

hugs, kisses and metta

6. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Alpa,
    Thanks for sharing your Vipasana experience with full details. By reading books or learnig through vedios will not give the benefit like learning through a guru. Meditation gives mental peace as well as physical fitness.
    PS

7. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear PS,
    thank you for your FB,i totally agree with you
    love

8. mankan

mankan Gold IL'ite

its lovely to hear ur experience.i m also encouraged with it that nothg is immpossible in life.keep it up.congratulations.:)

9. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Mankan,
    thank you for your FB, yes nothing is impossible, we just need to focus and things will work out for us.
    love

10. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

News Update

Dear All,
    today i sat and did one hour meditation in the morning with my elder sister from 5am to 6am and it was good i am going to continue with this practise.
    love