1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My 10 days vippassana meditation course experience

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by ALPA, Apr 15, 2009.

1. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

My dearest Appa,
    thank you so much for stepping in.i really enjoyed it and i think you shoud do it, it will really help you.i am feeling so great.
    you take care and wishing you a speedy recovery
    love, hugs and kisses
    alpa:cheers

2. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

My dearest Anaamika,
    thank you soooo much for oyur FB, i really apprciate it.i totally agree with you that after the course my skin was glowing and i looked so fresh so i have to now start practising meditation and i have become calm, positive and i just don't react to anything.
    I realised that why waste energy on something that will in return make our body in to hell so just ignore andwalk away.
    i am going for the same course next year
    sending you lots of hugs and kisses
    love

3. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Niv,
    thank you for your lovely FB, yes please try it out it will really help you and also the patience comes on its own you will enjoy the silence, i really enjoyed staying away from the laptop, mobile and fancy food.
    nothing is impossible.
    hugs to you too
    with metta

4. Padmasrinivas

Padmasrinivas Silver IL'ite

Dear Alpa,

I enjoyed reading your narration on the Vipassana meditation programme... quite an arduous session, since maintaining silence is one of the hardest things to do. As we go deeper into the world of spirituality, we are told to go withing ourselves, to introspect and find the silence that will help us in realising the Ultimate Truth... the Oneness with the Supreme Being.

I have attended a 15-day camp with my Guruji and he guided us through several meditation techniques, interspersed with interesting discourses on the purpose and advantages of each kind of meditation session. At the end of it, I emerged completely transformed, a new being filled with peace and tranquility ... many of my friends remarked that my face reflected such serenity, they wanted to know the reason for this amazing change in my persona!

With PREM and OM!

Shantih!

Padma

5. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

My dear Padmaji,

thank yo uso much for peeping in and replying to my snippet, i totally agree with you once your face becomes serene you automatically are calm and in peace with your self.
    i am going for the same camp next year as they say you need to do it every year once, you would understand when i tell you that i am feeling so much of tranquility and in peace within myself as you have gone through meditation and i am feeling so happy.
    Once we are silent we can actually focus on within us and we realise the more we speak the more harm wedo to our body so it is better to be silent and just let things pass and move on.
    with love, hugs and kisses

6. depressed

depressed Bronze IL'ite

Dear Alpa,

I loved the way you narrated the Vippassana course. It was very very inspiring. Controlling our mind is the greatest thing to achieve and meditation is the only way through which we can do that. Also, the first few days of any new task/new course/new habit formation is always hard but once the first few days are overcome, then the going gets easy.

thanks for sharing such an experience,

HAPPY

7. VidyaaJ

VidyaaJ Silver IL'ite

Hi Alpa,

It was really interesting to read your write- up. I am really excited and actually want to try something like this. I can understand the amount of mind peace it would give.
    So Lovely post...

Love,
    Vidyaa

8. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Depressed,
    thank you so much for your feedback. yes i totally agree with you.Controlling our mind of everything especially the craving i i know the last 3days i was missing home food after eating the blend food, i really wantedto eat the masala food and my chips yummmm
    So controlling the mind is not an easy task but you learn to do it and it becomes easy after some time
    love

9. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Vidyaa,
    thank you for your lovely words. yes it would really good if you can experience the journey i went through everyone when doing this coursegoes through different experiences, some cry some get colds but at the end of the day you are removing all your bad garbage that you had stored in your head and body out and you come out a winner feeling so light nad peaceful.Vipassana courses are conducted all over india and they even had camps for kids.
    love

10. manasa_gs

manasa_gs Senior IL'ite

Alpa,
    that was truly a great experience reading your post itself....:)
    Iam sure you would have benifited with this course really well. I wish even i could go and attend such course. ....

Do u have this in India also, can you jus let me know....

Thanks you so much for sharing yaar....

I have read that food play s an important role in moulding our character, salt and chilly if reduced is always good for us...

That was a good narration overrall :)