1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Muted Flutes

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sarajara, Jan 23, 2012.

1. sarajara

sarajara Gold IL'ite

This is a post dedicated to the silent protectors of peace.

You should be wondering now.. as who this is being referred to.
    I do not want to pull in certain group of people.. generalising one category and projecting them to be the most griefstricken and blaming another category that causes them to be so..

I refer to those .. who have fallen silent.. just because they do not want to disrupt the harmony.. give their loved ones a worry free day..

I am referrring to those children who are very understanding about their parents and sacrifice their wishes that seems small to us but are big for them, but yet they fall silent for they know that it would be a hard reach or beyond reach for their parents.

I am referring to those youths who forget about their passion, give up their life's dream to take up the reins( rather responsibility) of the famiy.. and battle their own feelings and wishes to fit themselves in to the unsuitable roles and paths..

I am referring to those young men and women.. who forego their hearts' soulfully attached ones to make their parents stand proud in the arena of society ..

I am referring to those women.. who were brought up as princess and should have been ' bahurani's who become ' naukranis' instead of atleast being treated as bahu's.. who are forced to forget about their glorious past and talk proud about their new families who have forgotten about their unspoken words.. just because they do not want their loved One's to be crestfallen infront of them.. striving hard .. not to earn a bad name for the parents who had brought them up.. over the long years..

I am referring to those Grandma and Grandpa ... who fall silent and would not talk a word less of their children.. who are away .. with their jobs as a reason.. and not take care of them .. other than transferring some money ..

Those who have given everything to their sons and daughters for they have not felt any need or insecurity to save for themselves. and been left unattended or rather orphaned inside their own houses.

Those who are diseased... getting treated for years.. bear loads of pain in body and heart.. and yet not reveal that to any one.. as they do not want their loved ones to be low.. feel bad about them..

Life shapes one .. who is a bamboo . to a flute.. each of the flutes.. give some music of their own.. some of them.. undergo a great glorious period.. and are heard.. they make their own music.. and the music gets them glorious...

But i am singing of the muted flutes.. that have been shaped with much pain by life.. not to give out tunes.. but to stay silent .. that they do not disrupt the harmony that exists.. they donot want to break the tune that keeps the scenario remain calm and let life of others continue like that of a clear stream..

My salutations to thee, the muted flutes of the society.. for thy unsung tunes.. . for they are more melodious , more meaningful, more soul touching.. than the ones being heard..

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
    11 people like this.

Similar Threads
    1. SunitaGajula
      Replies:
      Views:
  2. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Sara a thought provoking post , narrated nicely

3. sarajara

sarajara Gold IL'ite

4. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

wow...:bowdown:bowdown

what a post... and very practical & realistic one..

Though many advice to stand for their own life, in reality some people are being mute to not disturb the harmony, you are right!!

And these mute flutes also have the courage & determination as good as the people who do not compromise / who voice out the feelings... And I feel sometimes in life, these silent peace makers get their due (if lucky enough) but lately...

Wonderful & emotional post..

5. kottravai

kottravai Gold IL'ite

Sarajara,
    Your post touches the heart of the reader and anyone can relate to your post, for each one of us know of atleast one 'muted flute' in our lives. A very good post!

6. sarajara

sarajara Gold IL'ite

@ pallavi4me.:

yes pallavi.. muted flutes get their reward at somepoint in their lives.. i have also wondered as why some people do not come out and fight for themselves.. and felt that are being dumb,. but .. once we face a situation where in we can only make things worse fighting.. i realised as how their position was..

every one has a valid justification for their actions from their point of view.. and these silent ones deserve special respect as they think of other factors more than themselves.

Thanks for the encouraging words :)

7. sarajara

sarajara Gold IL'ite

Thanks for Dropping By Kottavai :)

you are right every one has come across a muted flute.. or have been on mute at some situation!

8. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Muted flutes is a nice term to describe these unsung heroes and heroines confined to obscurity. A great thread.

9. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sarjara
    A beautiful thread and as Kottravai has rightly pointed out, we all do come across at least one 'muted flute' in our lives. When I read about the people that you have categorised as muted flutes, I remember the Pancha Ratna Kriti of Saint Thyagaraja, 'Entharo Mahanubhavulu..'. These are the real 'mahanubhavulus' to whom we owe our gratitude for the peace and fulfillment of our lives.

Last year, I attended a two-day spiritual seminar in Kerala and the theme of the seminar was 'When the strings are not touched, the music is heard'. The music that arises out of a muted flute is far more melodious than the music that we try to extract from it.
    Sri

3 people like this.
  10. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

This is what is called..'patience pays...' isn't it..sometimes it is very late for us to understand their unsung songs..:-(

Nice post, Savietha..:)

Sriniketan