1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Must See Places In Us!

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by shravs3, Feb 24, 2018.

1. sumalynux

sumalynux IL Hall of Fame

Hi

I stay in East coast of usa.

Visited below places last summer

Buffalo and Niagara
    Boston
    New Jersey ( still lots to cover)
    Albany
    Los angeles
    Disney world
    Hollywood studios
    Las Vegas

Yet to cover
    Newyork
    Washington DC
    Hershey
    Florida and Miami

Missed San Diego, Grand canyon,SFO during my west coast trip. As it was already long and tiring trip with Disney and Hollywood studios..

sindmani and shravs3 like this.
  2. Archanaanchan

Archanaanchan IL Hall of Fame

@Sunburst Tell me more about Yellowstone. We have heard mixed comments from people. Dh is very excited about this place.

3. Sunburst

Sunburst Platinum IL'ite

Why mixes reviews ? It’s not the usual desi kind of spot so don’t go by their reviews .

I have yet to see a national park as magnificent and scenic as Yellowstone in my life . Breathtaking vistas , Wildlife (bisons, bears, elks roaming freely ) , nature , geysers , volcanoes , waterfalls . It’s spectacular and a must see place . You must definitely camp out there .

4. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

Wow. The Yellowstone national park.
    I have visited 2 times. It has half of the world's active geysers.bisons and elks roam in thousands

Sandycandy and Archanaanchan like this.
  5. aspha

aspha Gold IL'ite

ohh list is endless here is my list

East Coast:
    New York city, Upstate New York: Finger lakes region,Lake George, Corning, Niagara
    Massachusetts: Boston City, Minuteman national park, Boston tea party, duck tours, Cape cod and Islands
    New Hampshire: White mountains, Mount Washington auto road, Franconia Notch National Park, Storyland, Loon mountains, Attitash
    Vermont: Ben and Jerry's factory, Lake Champlain, Stow,Montplier. Vermont is exceptionally beautiful in Fall and summers.
    Maine: Acadia National Park, Augusta light house
    All New England states are very scenic and beautiful esp. in summers and fall
    Atlanta:
    Smoky mountains
    Washington D.C. national mall
    Virginia: Shenandoah national park
    Florida: Everglades national park

West coast:
    Redwood national parks, Golden gate bridge, Lombard street,
    Yosemite national park, Arches National park, Bryce canyon national park, Zion National Park, Hoover dam, Las Vegas, Death Valley national park, Yellowstone national park, Lake Tahoe region, Carter Lake region, Mount Rushmore, Mount Rainier, Olympic national park (Seattle)

6. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Shravs ! You have a long list here ! Tickets/ hotels are more expensive when schools have summer break / thanksgiving break/ spring break/ Christmas break and other long weekends . So travel at other times if that’s possible. Cheap to book tickets well in advance if you can plan before hand . If you have plans to travel a lot get a good travel credit card to book flights, hotels .
    Enjoy maadi!

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  7. anupriyabasu123

anupriyabasu123 Senior IL'ite

Most of the places have been covered in this thread and I have loved going to most of these if not all.

I am also more into natural beauty because the vastness of nature is mind-blowing here. One particular national park I am in love with is the Great Smoky Mountains in Gatlinburg, Tennessee. I haven't been to Yellowstone or Yosemite and I am sure those are equally enthralling.

The Smokies are extremely picturesque and there's abundance of wilderness that you can see for yourself if you hike on the trails. The city of Gatlinburg in itself is adorable, although some find it a bit touristy, I felt it's like Alice in Wonderland!

I find visiting museums and national parks more enriching than the cities, because most of these cities here are similar in some way or other, especially when it comes to food. You can save money by looking for deals on cheap airlines, saving on baggage fee, booking for rental cars in advance, taking advantage of hotwire deals.

I have a question, can Indian citizens travel to Puerto Rico with a US visa or is there any other requirement? @Sunburst

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2018
    shravs3 likes this.
  8. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

@anupriyabasu123 Very nice blog !!! It’s so much useful !!!

anupriyabasu123 likes this.
  9. anupriyabasu123

anupriyabasu123 Senior IL'ite

10. Sunburst

Sunburst Platinum IL'ite

Puerto is a part of US so no special entry visa required if you have a valid US visa .