1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Musings Over A Cup Of Coffee...

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by padma0604, Jun 23, 2016.

1. padma0604

padma0604 Silver IL'ite

A very interesting thing happened today.

Generally hours slip by without my being aware of them. I am so busy doing things that I am not conscious of how the time rushes through my daily chores and routine. Being mindful? I am still a novice at that, though I try to be mindful, whenever I remember:) More often than not I forget to be conscious of what is happening. I just flow and go with the routine. However, there are moments when I am aware, when I catch a moment in it's totality and beauty, and I am with what is happening at that moment.

Today after coming home from office, I was having my coffee. I sat down with a cup of coffee in my hand, feeling the heat of the cup and enjoying the aroma of fresh filter coffee. I was relaxed. I suddenly thought of those people who made such beautiful glass cups and felt thankful. I could see in my mind's eye, hands working to blow the glass and make the glasses...wherever their personal lives were at that point of time. I wished all of them and their families joy from the bottom of my heart.

As I was feeling the glass, I thought that they must have a natural earth base and thanked mother earth. Later on, I googled and came to know that glass is made of molten sand!!

I was aware of my fingers wrapped around the cup, feeling the warmth of the coffee and wondered at the dexterity with which my fingers manage to do so many things. The feeling of warm coffee and the taste buds helping me enjoy the taste ...isn't this to be thanked? I felt immensely grateful to my body for being healthy enough to enjoy life. I felt happy for being present to the moment.

I thanked the coffee growers who cultivated coffee and I prayed that there be good monsoons helping all the farmers and cultivators. I thanked myself for being able to make coffee and appreciate it totally. By now I was choking with gratitude for everything.

I could see the beautiful coffee crops swaying in the mild breeze, and smiling faces of farmers and their families. I could see the smiling faces of glass bowers and their families. I could see the smiling faces of multitudes who make life better for others. I could feel how connected everything is.

I could feel the taste of coffee in my mouth. I could feel the glass material with which the cup is made, the laughter of someone at a distance, the soft breeze from the fan - everything felt so nice. I felt at peace with myself and everything around me. The gratitude I felt brought me immense peace and joy. I wished that all of us be showered with abundance of peace and joy.

This peace remained with me like the fragrance of a flower, for a very long time.

2. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

Good snippet.....

padma0604 and Rihana like this.
  3. shobhamma

shobhamma Gold IL'ite

You were blessed with the rare meditational feeling.

padma0604 likes this.
  4. padma0604

padma0604 Silver IL'ite

Thank you !!

5. padma0604

padma0604 Silver IL'ite

Thanks Shobhamma. Yes indeed. That's what I felt too - blessed !!
    I do meditate on and off...and I can Identify the feeling.

6. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

It's a delightful feeling when one goes into one of these rare moments when one is mindful of every single event or phenomenon which conspires to make us enjoy that particular moment of bliss. Made delightful reading and I am grateful to that cup of coffee which led us to this moment of enjoyment. :-D

padma0604 and kaniths like this.
  7. padma0604

padma0604 Silver IL'ite

So very true Satchitananda. It was really a delightful moment and I always feel that finding joy in little things makes life more beautiful.

Thank you for taking time to read the snippet and post a comment on the same.

8. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

Wow...!!!

padma0604 likes this.
  9. padma0604

padma0604 Silver IL'ite

Thanks !!!

10. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Just with a cup of coffee so well you have narrated about the cup , the people who made them and about the coffee seeds etc. @satchitananda not only has give a nice feedback but also nominated your thread

padma0604 likes this.