1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Music my passion 14- Chalta Pirta Taj Mahal???

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Shanvy, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Ok, have been oscillating, for the last two three days on should I write something on this or not.

Have you heard some of the songs that are sung for wooing the other person or come to think of it describing the other…Sometimes, it was a maina, a moon, a tajmahal, a waterfall….

Well there is this song, that really makes me think. The first few times, I heard it did not realize that the lyricist has done a wonderful job of describing the heroine.
    Andam Kaaka konda kaari..

Ok, forget the randakka randakka…and concentrate on the lines…
    Andam kaaka is supposed to be too black..and here he talks about the girl’s bun being so black.

Nothing can compare to the eternal kaalangalil aval vasantham, isn’t it..
    Or may be some of us can say even azhagana rakshasiye???

Coming to the songs in hindi, this is one song that can make any girl boost with the confidence that she is beautiful isn’t it.

ye chaand saa roshan cheharaa, julfon kaa rang sunaharaa
    ye zeel see neelee aankhe, koee raaj hain in mein gaharaa
    taareef karu kyaa us kee, jis ne tumhe banaayaa,

Well I can hear my friends saying what happened to
    Chawduvin kaa chand ho….i oblige it is a great one again.

Even, ek ladki ko dekha to aisa laga….

At the same time, have you wondered what is it about these songs…

Telephone mani pol siripaval ivala, (I wonder what Vairamuthu thought he was writing, can you imagine a girl laughing like the ringing of a telephone??)
    Let me not go to the rest of the lines in the song…

Recently I heard a song in the same genre in hindi, the lyrics (it is a private album)I don’t remember which one..but chalta phirta taj mahal???

Shaam ki laali raat ka kaajal
    Subah ki taqdeer ho tum
    Chalta phirta taj mahal saans leta Kashmir ho tum
    Shaam ki laali raat ka kaajal
    Subah ki takadir ho tum
    Chalta phirta taj mahal saans leta Kashmir ho tum
    Another one, that really irritates and makes me fume…
    White white face leke….(an kareena kapoor song??)

Well friends, I have not taken into account what men are described…like a bull, a shahjahan, and many others, which would again make a wonderful topic don’t you agree.

Well, I can say Mein, shayar tho nahin, but i can enjoy and comment on others'Big Laugh

Join me friends with ,

What do you think is the best song that describes a woman in any language…
    What do you think is the worst song..

2. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hi shan
    enjoyed your blog..yes, dh too thinks "kaalangalil aval oru vasantham"..is just superb and will sing it absolutely offkey but the way he enjoys it i look at him very indulgently..Big Laugh
    to me most of the songs that are associated with chand descirbe a woman well..."the old chaudhveen ka chand hai" being just on the top of my head...or the more recent "chand chupa baadal mein,sharmaake mere jaana"
    the worst has to be some recent tamil song,i think..i do not hear much except radio in the car..most of the lyrics are unsahikable... havent haerd that hindi song of kareena either
    will come back here to hear more from others:)
    love
    Mindi

3. apar_ram

apar_ram Silver IL'ite

Hi Shanthi..
    a good post again. How about
    Azhage Azhagu Devathai.. the whole song describes the beauty of the girl..
    love kalangalil aval vasantham.. we had PB srinivas come to our college and heard him sing this in person and tears started flowing...
    like mindi said all chand and nila songs are so touching..
    mei shaayar tho nahin!!! that song has a special place in my heart as DH sang it in our nalangu.. God i was brimming with vekkam and pride too.. everyone teased us a lot!!

will come back with more...

4. Sowparnika

Sowparnika Silver IL'ite

hi shanvy,
    when i was reading the first few lines of this post, "kaalangalil aval.." was immediately running at the back of my mind... nice to see you like it too...immortal, isn't it ?
    i aways pay attention to the lyrics of a song...well written lyrics always add value to the music....
    i like Thamarai's lyrics...i really enjoyed 'oru ooril azhage uruvaai' in kaakha kaakha and in the past few months have listened to vaarananam aayiram songs, esp 'nenjukkul peidhidum' and 'mundhinam paarthene' probably hundreds of times :) :)

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Dear friends,

I definitely feel bad for not replying to your replies before leaving for the vacation or coming back... taking for granted should never be excused. i thanks you all for waiting for a acknowledgement for all your valuable and wonderful comments which gives me the encouragement to write again.

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

mindi, thanks dearie. Comeon, offkey or on key he enjoys and sings it.

Chand is one aspect that definitely is used to describe...

.. :biglaugh:biglaugh..I thought un shakable..only later understood it is thanglish...:hide:..enjoyed having you here...

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Aparna, since have seen your pictures, can picturise your pride and blush too...

PBS, should have been a treat to your ears and mind....

Thanks for stepping in dear. Azhagu..i have recently listened to it after your reco..and can understand your selection.:thumbsup

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Sowparnika...

Kaalangalil is definitely eternal..yes well written lyrics definitely add great value. that is what lives even if the music goes bad, in rare cases...

Like the songs you have listed....

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

BTW,

There is one song in dream girl which has become hemamalini's nick name..that goes to say kisi shayar khi gazal...and so on...that is also a good one.

As mindi and aparna, vouch chand is very much used.. and there was one song i heard once
    upar vaale chand mein bhi daag hain, lekin mere chand mein nahi...

when chaan daag bhara hai, tho chand ke saath mukabla kyon..when you feel the moon is blemished why do we compare with the moon...

10. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Shanvy,

After a long time, I visited the music forum in IL and came across a post wherein you mention about this blog. Quickly came here to see which lucky lady was being compared to a moving TajMahal.
    Poets give a totally new perspective to words, places and thoughts and hence they are poets and lyricists!
    Like all of you, I too have enjoyed the woman being compared to the seasons. It is an eternal classic--"kalangalil aval vasantham".
    I also loved and enjoyed and got fascinated for weeks together when I heard the 'ik ladki ko dekha tho aisa laga". It seems Javed Akhtar actually wrote the song with his wife ShabanaAzmi in mind. Lucky Shabana!

L, Kamla