1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Music my passion 13- Which song would you dedicate??

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Shanvy, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Music has no language, just like love has no barriers, no language and it is a feeling of the heart. Music speaks the language of the heart.

Love is in the air with valentine day round the corner. With the FM's, music channels all asking for dedication, and believe me some songs are so funny and unromantic but dedicated to a person.

I believe the timing of hearing the song also plays a important role to this. A song that you hear doing a special moment in your life and whenever you listen to it again, you associate it with that special moment too..

The nostalgic memories could then even give the same lyrics a personal perspective isn't it.

After seeing the Bru Ad where the husband calls a fm station and dedicates a song to the wife, my children had a roaring debate on what song veda would like to dedicate for me..oh.the list is endless and I did get a insider perspective of how my children look at us too.

When I look back, there is this song from a old film where the in between there is this line which goes NEEEEVEDA (actually the singer would have been saying nivedha,and the never die romantic in me was looking at a possessive EEN VEDABig Laugh)

So this valentine, if i were to dedicate a song to my DH (from the endless list:crazy) it would definitely be TUM AGAYE HO. in Hindi and NENJUKULLE from Ponnumani..in Tamil.

For my Kids it would be mere ghar aayee ek nanhi pari..and also no need to say good bye (Prince Caspian)

For my friends it would be

oru naNban irundhaal
    oru naNban irundhaal
    kaiyoadu boomiyai sumandhidalaam

So which song would you like to dedicate to your loved ones…:cheers

2. lilkal

lilkal New IL'ite

Hi shanvy,

Dats a nice choice of songs u have here..

I would love to dedicate truly madly deeply by Savage Garden to my hubby for valentines day.

Thanks for starting this thread :)
    -Kalyani

3. vidhu63

vidhu63 Gold IL'ite

Hi shanvy,

Its so nice to hear something like this. When i read the favourite song of urs i really wondered why u know, dats one of my favourites. Nice song. you know at that time only my sister's daughter was born so i named her as Nivedha. I like that song that much. And one more song you told in Hindhi, that one also i like that too when i am in a lovely mood i use to sing dat song. Amma! aaha enna porutham namakul indha porutham? ooooooooooooooo I am mad of songs.

4. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Shanvy

Morning I tried to post my views. But to some problem in the net connection, could not do it.

A timely blog from you. NIVEDHA song - you must see the picturisation. It is wonderful. SO u are a romantic couple like them. All the best.

Nice selection of songs.

Andal

5. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear shan,

nice topic....but i wish to hear the list your kids have made....that will surely be interesting..:)

mine would be..
    to dh..i just called to say i love u by stevie wonder
    to my dd..the same ,mere ghar aayi and my other fav nanhi khali sone chali(though it is a lullaby)which i have tried and tested on both my dd and niece and loved to see them drifting off to sleep
    to friends.I"ll be there for you..the theme song of the star world comedy show"friends"

love
    Mindi

6. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Oh Shanvy,

The title itself reminded me of this beautiful song from the movie.. 'Alaipayuthey'... 'Snegidane, Snegidane' sung so well by Sadhana Sargam. This movie was released when me and DH were newly weds and i remember sitting in the theater, hands held together and looking at each other with so much hope... DH loves this song... I dedicate this to him for being THE companion:)

7. jayasai30

jayasai30 New IL'ite

i would like to listen to the song of zarase dilme..from Jannat and just be with my husband for a quiet home cooked dinner..
    i want to deticate this song..

8. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Shanthi,
    Now that Veda is here I think it makes you nostalgic. My dedication to my DH would be 'Vizhiyile Mani vizhiyil' from I forget the movie name, it is a Nalini Mohan starrer, and 'Vandhanam en Vandhanam' from Vazhave Mayam. Nice blog with love in the air and Feb 14 round the corner.

9. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Ohh Shan, what a lovely cute blog! Just like you .. my list is endless! That Bru ad is too good :)

But in particular i would love to dedicate "unnodu vazhadha vazhvena" from Amarkalam. Its such a lovely song and meaning ful one too.

10. rmalathi

rmalathi Senior IL'ite

Careless whisper by George Michael is my all time fav romantic song. I would like to dedicate "I will always love you" by Whitney Houston" by my DH; he loves this song. And ofcourse, Amma endru azhaikkada Naal illaiye to my dear mom.. thank you mom; I really miss you.