Muscat Ladies - Introduce yourselves here!

Discussion in 'Africa & Middle East - Other Areas' started by Induslady, Oct 30, 2006.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi anu,

Welcome to this site. I was and my husband is still in Al-khuwair. So how do you like muscat. Yes there are lot of other iltes from muttrah,ruwi and darsait. only thing there is not much active participation as in other threads.

2. keerthanasm

keerthanasm New IL'ite

Hi Everybody !

It is really a pleasure to c such a site ! Ok..let me introduce myself...I am Keerthana, originally from chennai..now in Muscat for the last 6 years. An MCA by qualification..but now a full time at home 'amma' for my 2 darling daughters aged 3 1/2 and 6 months. We live in Ruwi.

Would be nice to know and meet up with like minded women !!!

Cheers,
    Keerthi

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi keerthi,

Welcome to the forum. you will surely enjoy it here.

A full time amma is a sure satisfactory job right now.. enjoy it. these moments with your kids will never return back.

There are few il's who are from ruwi. let us see if they respond.

I have just returned back after 2 months of vacation. I have relocated back to chennai.but husband still works in muscat.

4. vidhya9780

vidhya9780 Senior IL'ite

Hi all

Let me introduce my self too, My name is vidhya new to muscat stay near CBD Area, came to know about this site through search engines

I am a home maker and would love to know more people out here....

5. vidhya9780

vidhya9780 Senior IL'ite

Hi keerthana

how r u doing ? I am also new to this site ,have been in muscat since few weeks only , heard a lot about muscat and the people out here , lets hope for the best

6. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Vidya,

Welcome to IL... Welcome to Oman....

Veda

7. anuani2202

anuani2202 New IL'ite

ha there hello new commers to this thread. Its good to see this thread being active again. I live in muthrah and now would be shifting to Muscat near the temple. Rents and Landlord tantrums are too much these days around muscat. and I am one of the amny suffers !! hope you guys dont have to face them..

By the wat lets keep this thread active...
    rdgs
    anu

8. keerthanasm

keerthanasm New IL'ite

Thx for the welcome Shanti.

@ Vidya...am sure u'll love this place. V r njying it here. There is so much time for quality family outings. Where in CBD do u stay ? I sometims come to the Bank Dhofar parking lot for a walk.

@ Anu, s, teh rent hikes are atrocious. V r in a 2 bedroom flat and the rent was hiked by more than 20 % last yr. V dont know what would be the incefrase this yr. It is becoming like Dubai.

-tc,
    Keerthi

9. vidhya9780

vidhya9780 Senior IL'ite

Hi to all of you ,

thanks again for the warm welcome veda, what do u do and where do u live ?

Hey keerthi , i stay near to oman chamber of commerce, i too some times come for a walk near bank dhofar with my baby ...good place to walk and good to see so many date trees too

can any of you guys suggest me a nice beauty parlour (indian) Near CBD Area?

About the rent hikes yup its getting bad out here too..

10. keerthanasm

keerthanasm New IL'ite

@ Vidya, reg parlours....I use a lady who comes home and does stuff for us..she also has a parlour somewhere nearby..With 2 kids I find it very difficult to go to a parlour.So, she comes home whenever we call her..even afternoons !!! So, I call her when the kdis sleep off after 2 !

Let me know if u r interested !

- Keerthi