1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Munna , where are you now?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Meenupanicker, Aug 22, 2009.

1. Meenupanicker

Meenupanicker Senior IL'ite

Today also i thought about Munna.where will be he and What will be he doing now?I am talking about a eleven year old boy whom I met during our final year all India tour .It was our return journey in mangala express and we were a little bit tired after our ten days trip.

I don't know when I noticed Munna .He was cleaning the floor and then sat on the floor and took one of the books of three books he was holding close to him.

Ya, I remember he was happy looking not like other kids in rags usually we see in the train.He was neat although he wore a torn out trousers and shirt.Also a shampoo packet was in his hand.My friend Rahul who was also noticing him different from others asked his name.To our sadness from his gesture we knew he was dumb.But he smiled and opened his book and began to talk to us through the words written in that hindi story book.For the words not in one book he was opening other book.He was touching the words with his fingers in such a way that he had byhearted the whole book.

By the time he became the centre of attraction of the whole group,and someone gave him a pen and paper so that he could tell us more about himself.

Through that paper and his actions he told us more about himself.He was the only son to a middle class business family who lived in MumbaiHe was studying in fourth standard and he gave also the name of that school .His father was having a textile unit and he had a van on which he dropped him to school .Then one day his uncle and aunty came home .There was quarel between uncle and father his uncle pushed his father down and beat him and killed him.His mother was thrown to the well and killed. He was forced to leave the house.I remember he wrote Hindi without mistakes.....
    After writing this also he had that innocent smile on his face..All of us managed to give something to him as gift although he did not ask for anything.At last while leaving he told us he want to be a soldier....
    Now also I don't know the story he told us is true .But the truth is that I often think about him and the thought itself make me sad.
    I can't do anything for you dear.......

Today I thought of sharing this with you....
    Do you think the story Munna told me is his life, or ........?

2. Shrikha

Shrikha Senior IL'ite

Hi Meenu,
    I am not sure if the story told by the little boy was true or not, but even I felt very sad after reading your narration. Its very sad to see little children cleaning the trains and also working in some small companies. The age in which they should be enjoying, they are working to get atleast a days meal. Its a very sad situation. You have narrated it so well, your title was the one which dragged me to your blog.

3. Meenupanicker

Meenupanicker Senior IL'ite

Hi shrikha
    Thank you.Its the first complement I had in this family.Thanks for having a look at the blog.As you said its a sad situation and the fact is that we can't do anything for them who are having same right to live as our children
    with regards
    Meenu