Munich Ladies - Introduce yourselves here!

Discussion in 'Indians in Germany' started by Induslady, Oct 29, 2006.

1. kavyamadhav

kavyamadhav Bronze IL'ite

hello.. latha,
    how are you?
    sorry for my late reply. last week i was bit busy, so i couldn't post any reply.
    i am from hyderabad.
    thanks for the information abt schools. if u know any other preschools plz send me the detais.
    bye
    kavya

2. kavyamadhav

hello latha,
    how r u?
    sorry for my late reply. lastr week i was bit busy, so i couldn't post rely.
    I am from hyderabad.
    thanks for ur information about schools. In that Rainbow school will they learn the kids any thing(like in our india)? If u know any other schools plz send me those information also.
    thanq
    bye
    kavya

3. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Hi Kavya,

Rainbow pre-school is montessori and they do not teach like our indian schools. Infact when i admitted my son this was the first 'warning' i received:) As a matter of fact no school or kindergarden here will teach the Indian way. Schools here follow a creative approach; state kindergardens do not teach the child to write until they are 6. Our indian schools follow 'memorise what you read' pattern. This cannot be expected here. At this pre-school stage the emphasis is more on personal development, independence (many things like eating properly using cutleries, brushing teeth, toilet manners etc.,) than abc and rhymes.

But I do not know how the private bilingual pre-schools do. Even then the children will not be given any homework.

Latha

4. kavyamadhav

Hello Latha,
    How are you doing? How are your kids?
    I had drooped my plan to send my son to a English Kindergarden. My son going to German Kindergarten. Now he is able to speak few german words.
    Now I am happy for him, because he got many friends at school.

5. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Hi Kavya,

Nice to hear from you. I am glad you both like the kidergarten. My son used to go for a saturday english class in Pasing. That may be a bit far for you. I'll find english lessons if you're interested. There aren't many but we can try. if you can understand a bit of german then check out this site to find some classes: www.kidsgo.de. You can find based on the area you live in Munich.

How are you coping with the winter? I am really sick and tired of my trips to and fro the school in the snow. My back is breaking:( Did you find any indians in your area?

take care!
    Latha

6. kavyamadhav

Hi Latha,
    I was very eager to see snow. But now I came to knew that how problamatic it is. I am afraid to go out. During this season Anarghya had cough since many days. I took him to doctor but no use. I am worred about his cough, otherwise everything is going fine. I found 2 Indian families in my place, and they are from my native language too.

Whatis this English class Latha? I am very thankuful to you if you find for me. My german knowledge is very poor, eventhough I will check this site.
    Thank you

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2009
  7. kavyamadhav

hello lathaji,
    I am not able to search in that site, because of language:bang

can you please tell me what kids do there in english class. I am very anxious to know about that class.

8. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Hi Kavya,

My son went to 'Saturday Morning English' in Pasinger Fabrik. It's on saturday mornings (without parents) either 9-11 or 11-1 (2 batches). It is conducted by an American. Each week she takes up a topic like, say, planes and they make some craft based on that theme, sing rhymes, practise sentences. This class is just outside Pasing S-Bahn station. Actually this Fabi also has branch in Neuperlach but only their Pasing branch has english class. For 4 saturdays the fees is 41.80 euros plus 5 euro material fees. If you think Pasing S-bahn is not far for you then let me know i'll PM more details. I'll meanwhile find the teacher's phone number and send it to you. Because again to book the class i think you must speak in German:(

Earlier the class was for 3 hrs but then the demand is so high she now takes 2 classes. The teacher is very good and kind with the children. Good thing is you leave the child there for 2 hours and my husband and me get some time together:thumbsup.

Latha

9. leenasanjay

leenasanjay New IL'ite

Hi This is Leena. Need some help and Info from you all. My husband will be in Munich by mid May on deputation and I will join him in a couple of months along with our daughter. His place of work will be at Neubiberg. Wanted to know about the residential areas that would be best suited. The area of residence needn't be in neubiberg itself but anywhere on S-bahn line that will allow max 15-20 mins of travel time. Thanking you in advance and looking forward to see u all.

10. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Welcome to Munich, Leena. I haven't heard of this suburb but generally it'S not difficult to find houses in suburbs close to S-bahn lines. Finding family apartments, in the city, close to amenities is the difficult part. Munich is a friendly city i'm sure you'll enjoy your stay here.

Latha