Munich Ladies - Introduce yourselves here!

Discussion in 'Indians in Germany' started by Induslady, Oct 29, 2006.

1. ratramsrey

ratramsrey New IL'ite

Hi Raji

I am moving to Munich with my 21 month son and husband. We will be in Taufkirchen. Do email me and we can meet up sometime maybe for a coffee or a walk.

Ratna

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2008
  2. nayantara

nayantara New IL'ite

Hello ladies,
    My name is Nayantara, am a Bengali living with my husband Anirban and son Avan (2 years) in Germany since I got married in 2000.
    We live in Nuremberg, which has a pretty old city and loads of history.
    It is not that far fromMunich.
    If any of you ever come down, do let me know and we can spend some time together and get to know each other.
    Best wishes
    Nayantara

3. vnak

vnak New IL'ite

hi

Hello... i am veena...i m looking also looking for friends in munich...its just been a month here.

4. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Hi! I'm Latha, moved to Munich just about 5 weeks back. I'm married with a 2.5 yr old son. We lived in Dusseldorf before Munich for 4 yrs. We both are originally from Chennai but have been away from home for quite some time (my husband over a decade and myself 7 yrs). I would love to catch up with fellow Indians in the city :-D ...

5. PC in Munich

PC in Munich New IL'ite

Hi...I am new in Munich

Hello ...I am new in Munich...just moved from Detroit Michigan with my husband and 21 month. daughter..Looking for some good Indian women to mix with..<thanks ..PC

6. soshrib

soshrib New IL'ite

Hello Ladies!!
    My name is Sonali and I have been living in Munich for a bout 7 weeks now. I moved here after getting married. My husband is an Austrian and has been living here since last few years. We live in Schwabing, off Leopoldstrasse. I guess I would love to make some friends here in Munich and hang out with them.
    Looking forward to hearing from you!!
    Ciao ciao,
    Sonali

7. Archie

Archie New IL'ite

Hi

Am Archana from Taiwan and we will be shifting to Munich sometimes in June or July.

I will appreciate if somebody can guide me with the following questions, as I have two grown up girls (15/8 years).

1) Best international school

2) Place where I can find Indian grocery

3) What kind of house and area I should go for (flat/landed house) as I also have a pet.

4) Any other suggestions or ideas I should look for

Looking forward to .............

8. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Hi Archana, Welcome to Munich! Around the same time last year we shifted to Munich:) You're arriving at the right time.. summer, long days and you'll have lots of time to explore. I cannot reply on point number 1 since my boy is only 3. As for housing it depends on whether you can drive. Not all apartments allow pets. Since we preferred only an apartment inside the city we never looked for houses. But I know couple of my friends who live in independent houses (or row houses) in the city with access to public transport. With 2 grown up children and a pet, personally I would prefer a house! As for area you might prefer closer to the school. I don't think all schools have bus facilities... but as I said i'm alien to this subject so i would rather not mislead you. For Indian groceries, I shop in Kohinoor and Hat Bazar. Both are in Adolf-Kolpinger-Str (the first one is no. 10, the other one just next door). They're very near the U-Bahn station 'Karlsplatz (Stachus)'. There might be other shops too but here I get most of the things I want. You might be interested to check out Toytown Germany - English language news and chat a website maintained by expats in Germany. There they have loads of info about schooling and other things in their Chat Forum section. Do get back if I can help you in any other way... Latha

9. Archie

Archie New IL'ite

Thank you Latha for your reply.
    I really appreciate your valuable comments.

Take care

10. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite