1. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Mundane Life And It Bores Me.

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Anusha2917, Jun 14, 2019 at 9:41 AM.

1. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 Finest Post Winner

From past few days I'm experiencing this "oh my life is so boring" kind of feelings.
    Job : is okay, it's going on. Am I enjoying it -no I'm not . I feel I'm doing the same kind of engg work and it's hardly making me feel " oh I want go to work and I'm looking forward to it. " maybe I should work on upgrading my skill set . But somehow it bugs me to do anything.
    Married life : nothing to complain. It's all going great. Can't name any problem. Have a great relationship with husband and in laws.
    Health : No complaints.
    Exercises and hobbies : I do go for walks at least 5 days /per week. Indulge in hobbies like learning a musical instrument and dance class in the weekend. Discontinued my yoga. Not taking classes for the past 3 months. Sometimes I feel I'm doing too much just to keep myself occupied.
    Also I concentrate on my gardening in the weekends.
    Few good things : new home is getting ready , we are working on finalizing the interiors, my parents are close-by. I meet them and spend good time with them weekly 3 4 days, we are doing okay financially and the word struggle is not there .
    Vacation : from 3 years me and husband didn't take vacation alone. We went on a few with family. Like in laws, sisters in laws, sister etc.

In spite of all the good things I feel very bored sometimes(like past 1 week this thought is haunting me) . Like no excitement. Feel like the daily routine is bugging me. Get up ,cook, run to office ,come back and retire on the bed.
    My daily entertainment like reading books/watching series happen while I'm travelling to work.

Am I'm missing something ? I can't figure out. :sweatsmile: Any inputs for me here would help me.

SinghManisha, hermitcrab and Amulet like this.

2. Amulet

Amulet Platinum IL'ite

I had just nominated @iverviji "My Life" post for Fine-Post -June2019. This is a good one too !

I am having your kind of life, with a few of differences: No (need for a) Job, some Health issues (but easily managed), a few decades older, and living in phoren country.

We take two serious vacations every year-- one in the middle of the year, and one between xmas and NY. We go to some resort, and chill out. I would recommend this to couples in the before&after years -- i.e., before children and after children had left home. Go on nice vacations frequently enough, and then reminisce about it in the gap-time in between.

I also go on holidays with friends -- usually to spas, where they feed you well, and you can do totally unserious things. Sometimes I go for volunteer jobs. Road crossing guard was my most recent one -- bunch of us wearing high visibility vests will watch children at zebra crossings to make sure they are paying attention to the red-yellow-green lights and cross when they should. The kids would be going from school to day care between 3 PM to 6 PM. After 6 PM their working parents would come and pick them up.

From south india, there are a lot of nice accessible vacation spots : Vietnam, Cambodia, Singapore (Bantan, Indonesia), Bali (Indonesia), Malaysia(Penang, and Cameron Highlands) are some of the peaceful and nice vacation spots. You'd get there without too much jet lag, have not-too different cuisine, and get to enjoy local spas and massages.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019 at 10:13 AM
  3. Sandyr46

Sandyr46 Silver IL'ite

U surprise me girl :)

Nutin to complain about. Everything in track. What is there to be bored about !

Touchwood - good life, good everything :) :) :) A lot of women would do nytin to have all that...ur blessed girl :)

Thank God and thank all ur stars to be leading such a blessed life.

Sendung u much love
    Sandya

SinghManisha and Anusha2917 like this.
  4. Anusha2917

Yeah. this vacation is something I need to rejuvenate myself. When we just thought about Sri lanka the bomb thing happened there. But the places which you have mentioned is something I will look into. Interesting ones. Thanks.
    So the CSR activities conducted from office is something I should get involved with. Lot of things keep happening. I should explore and get involved in one of those activities. I am noting this down in my list . :grinning:

5. rgz

rgz Bronze IL'ite

In tamil, they say 'kozhuppu-dhaan'. :)
    When we have real (moderate-to-large) problems, we won't have time to ponder such. Otherwise we have free time and free space to ponder something or other.

BhumiBabe and Anusha2917 like this.
  6. Anusha2917

I am surprised too ! So my point of writing this Silly snippet is I can't figure out what exactly I need . !

7. Anusha2917

Ha ha.. Aama. It may be kozhuppu :grimacing::grimacing:

8. Anusha2917

See problems are there. But not something like my life is not moving forward because of those problems. Big small I won't quantify them. Somehow I have this tendency of "overlooking those problems" . I won't dwell on them.
    But at the same times all the positives in life are good , I am happy and thankful about them.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019 at 11:16 AM
    Giri12 and SinghManisha like this.
  9. Sandyr46

Sandyr46 Silver IL'ite

Nevertheless it was sweet :) people often write about issues but never about the good or happiness in their life. So ur snippet was definitely refreshing :)

Anusha2917 and Amulet like this.
  10. Anusha2917

Thanks . Now this really made me feel good . :)

Sandyr46 and Amulet like this.