1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mummy’s day out!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Megalife, Dec 10, 2011.

1. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Megalife.....:)

A nice post..........:thumbsup

I too used to enjoy these "Day outs"......

But, now a days..... I feel the "Guilt-trip":hide: which comes free with this "Shopping trip".....is a bit too much......:spin

so, the frequency has come down.....to 'once in a blue- moon'.....

Enjoyed reading your post .....and "Retail therapy " is the best way to un-wind....:exactly:

2. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

HElllo Satchi
    I have a confession (...not that of a shophaholic:rotfl), I love your fine posts more than I love you!

Oh god...how many times have I thought that over! Many thanks.
    Cheers
    Mega

3. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Dear Knbg
    Ring out the guilt; US is the place to shop and what better excuse.....XMAs bargains!!! Thanks for stopping by to share my shopping!
    Mega

4. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mega,

Good you got the call from DH to remind you how long you were out. I get calls every hour from my caring DH
    About my whereabouts, whether I'm having any problem about finding the route, did I get bus on time or if have gone by self driving was there any problem driving, was the traffic ok ... goes on and on... Oh! That's the opportunity for him to show he cares. Haha ha...

Today I left him to serve himself his breakfast to my daughter's school for she was getting prizes. Then i had gone to my mom's home, came back before my DD arrived from school in the evening to find cupboards not locked, computer on, remaining chutney, idlis and curd left on table uncovered. BTW he came to school during the function. Do you think to see DD on stage? Nope. To get my signature in a nomination form which he forgot while I was home. Incidentally he happened to be there to see DD getting one of the prizes. Lucky he and DD.

I hate to leave them at home to have my day out. I would love to see them off first and then I go in opposite direction. Since I am not working weekdays are my choice to go out. Also the number of calls from DH will be reduced to 1 or 2 according to his work pressure.

Enough of cribbing from me.

I like Sachi's "what do you do with them, what do you do without them"

Looking forward to the experience of your next day out.

Regards
    Manjukps

5. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Hi Manju
    Firstly, heartiest congrats to your DD and to the proud mom (nd dad too! !!)!...what was the prize for...may I?

I can imagine your blood pressure on reaching home....180/100???...or more??? Men will always be men, read my first line "they were God's rough draft...ha..ha...while creating us he made it a fine draft!....If this was a men's forum, I would have been burnt alive!!!
    Thanks for the fb.
    Cheers
    Mega

1 person likes this.
  6. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Mega. She got 2nd prize for music in the internal music competition conducted by the school and 3rd prize in Bhagawat Geetha chanting competition conducted by Chinmaya Mission.

Manjukps

7. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Hi Manju
    Applause to both; but i like the Bhagawat Geetha chanting more, she a girl right?....these values which you sow in her at this tender age will fine tune her into a fine women, finer wife and a great mother! I am no fanatic, but do strongly believe that irrespective of the faith we follow it is important to abide by certain values; and imbibing the Bhagawat Geetha means imbibing values!
    Mega

8. Riyakathir

Riyakathir Platinum IL'ite

Oh Megalife.... I thought you are very young.. and surprised to know, you are have big baby and two kids...
    its a very good. your resolution is reached.

so you are a great shopping spree. i like the way you correcting your kids and your big baby, by buying their best loved things.

My day is the saturday.. where i spend it in my home.. doing all my deary things... not speaking to any relatives and to my husband.... i feel refreshed..

after getting kids only... i will know... what day out i can have.. he e he h ehe

9. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Dear Riyakthir
    I have 2 kids who will soon begin their teens, but all the same I feel young at heart :thumbsup. Now on a more serious note, I get pleasure from being in this stage of life and would never want to rewind or forward anything. Cherishing and learning from past experience is my stick and mace as I march towards my 40's.

Enjoyed your FB.

Mega

10. Anisu

Anisu Platinum IL'ite

wow mega ..mummy's day out is a beautiful idea ....very well written ..:)