1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mumma's Boy Husband Who Denies It...

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Goahead, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Goahead

Goahead Silver IL'ite

My husband is a mumma's boy in all the respect except the fact that he never took any monetary things for himself from his parents...he paid for everything by himself..ofcourse he feels that as he did all the finances by himself, he is not a momma boy...
    But for me he is overprotective of his mom ( even when she lies and manipulates)and is always worried about them in all the respects.....he always praise his parents for what he is today in his career and give them the credit....when we got married, he was earning a small salary and then he did his MBA ..i was the one who supported him financial, emotionally in this entire journey but every time he gets a promotion the credit goes to his parents....he is doing well now and says that his thinking is all because of his parents and thats why he is doing well...he has said that many times but never have acknowledged that i was the lady behind this...then i hear other men oraising their wifes all the time and thanking them supporting them and always saying that behind a succesful man their is a women....
    i'm literally crying writing this as this pinch me like a bullet in my heart.....on top of that ofcourse his parents are not nice to me, never care for our kids but he is all GAGA for them all the time....
    He listens to every small things that his parents ask him for...he follows them blindly ....even to the extent that soemtimes he lies to me to cver things up...for me he is a total mamma boy and its o difficult for me to live with such a person...

2. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

Almost all husband's are like that. You don't get so much upset with all this. Control your emotions and stop favouring him all the time. But don't show your anger. Your anger will never make them understand anything.

VinuthaS likes this.
  3. prreeya

prreeya Silver IL'ite

I agree with monikasg ..they always remain loyal to their parents and for them there is no contribution of wife in their success but when it comes to their loss then wife is responsible.
    I heard many such lines in past few months ...because I showed my anger in some stressful situations.

Keep calm and keep your anger out with physical workout.

4. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

News for you, most men are protective about their mothers irrespective of whether she is a good MIL or not. Giving up on a decade old marriage for that ( assuming there are no other serious issues) is a bit too much IMO. You need to totally detach yourself from your husband’s relationship dynamics with his family. Instead celebrate the success that your husband has achieved ( with your help). His success is your success irrespective of the credit he gives to his parents.
    You can spend the rest of your married life viewing your husband as a part of your family unit with the children or being very bitter about his relation with his parents. The latter will alienate him from your family unit and cause him to be even more protective of his mother.
    So take that pinching bullet from your heart and toss it in the trash .

And don’t be carried away by other men praising their wives, few might even be forced to say it. Every couple and their journey is different . And I don’t believe about the behind every successful man is a woman crap. The only thing behind everyone is their A** ( some bigger than others) . It’s about walking TOGETHER step to step , not front or back.

5. chandu999

chandu999 Senior IL'ite

Hi all, one thing I would like to appreciate you all is...you all are forgetting that today's wife is the tomorrow's mother...now you all keep on saying mumma boy's but after few years when your son gets married and starts listening to his wife then you only starts saying my DIL is controlling my son and she not at all allowing him to listen to us.

I am not understanding why women think always DIL as out of family one the other hand why DIL always feels MIL is burden and out of family member.

Finally one thing ....there is no good or bad but thinking of it make it so......

Please try to include your MIL as head of the family and start respect them the way you respect your own mother...and also when you become MIL treat your DIL as your own family member and value her equal to your own doughter.

6. chandu999

chandu999 Senior IL'ite

Guy's always gives value to women, either in the form of mother or in the form of wife. But women always talks favour to mother when she is mother to a son....same women favours to wife when she is wife to a husband...

Guy's knows the pain how much his mother taken from birth to till marriage.... that's why we value our mothers. I accept there are some Mother's are a bit in secured about their son's affection towards them after their marriage.

One small request to you all respected ladies... always don't think from your position....but also try to think from your husband's position as well...one side mother other side wife....to satisfy both of you...he might be struggling and getting tortured..

Itsmylife143 and MonikaSG like this.
  7. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

You are saying the words my husband always says. That's true. If we are finding so much fault then somewhere we are also faulty. Will try to improvise. Thanx

8. nakshatra1

nakshatra1 Platinum IL'ite

Wise words..... Also, we should give exact same advice to men also(and esp men's parents) regarding giving imp to the DIL's parents ... then many problems will be solved.

pinkRoseBud likes this.
  9. nakshatra1

nakshatra1 Platinum IL'ite

One of my friend is facing problem in getting married.
    She is pretty,educated, working and financially independent girl,
    but no takers for such a girl...
    because..
    single child, wants to take care of widowed mother even after marriage...

Guys proudly stating they can't leave their parents after marriage though..they tell it proudly, but she has to say same thing with so much hesitation/fear of another rejection.
    Men are so emotional about their own mothers, expect wife to understand, but wife's mothers... no one wants them.....
    This is our Indian society.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
    abla, shama146, Laks09 and 5 others like this.
  10. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Chanduji , just like you don’t understand us poor evil women or DIL , I don’t understand you. All your responses are always focused on women saving marriages, women adjusting , women making MIL the head of the family. What about the husband and FIL? What’s their role , twiddling thumbs ???

MonikaSG, abla, guesshoo and 2 others like this.