1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mucus In Poop.. For Past 5 Months Since Birth

Discussion in 'Infants' started by SpritualSoul, Sep 12, 2018.

1. SpritualSoul

SpritualSoul Gold IL'ite

Hi all .. Im very confused..

My baby poop havn't been normal even once since birth

DD birth weight is 2.8
    Today exactly 5 months completed and her weight is just 5.7... Im really worried

During my first review with doctor (dd was jus 2 weeks old by tat time )..i told him baby poop is very watery and poops 5 to 6 times a day.. Doc said its normal for EBF baby

During my second visit (dd is 2 months old) again i complained baby poop is very very very watery... I got same reply like ..its normal for EBF baby.. This is my second baby i actually know how EBF poop looks like.. But this looks abnormally watery...... For tat my pead doc said baby might have slight alergy to dairy ..but lets not worry about it cos baby has gained good weight by tat time...

Now third visit .. Dd is 4 months old... I came up wid same complain.. Baby poop is watery, frothy, and has sour smell... Baby weight gain is also slow..
    After chking the weight doc said weight is ok compared to birth weight ..but compared to previous visit its considered slow weight gain..

He asked us to take stool test and go for dairy free diet..

Stool test showed up baby poop has jus mucus other than tat nothing to worry..no blood ..no infection or any redusing substance

For past one month im on 100 % dairy free diet no milk, ghee, cheese, butter, no chocolate, icecream, buiscuts, no bakery products nothing... But still baby poop is watery and has mucus... Baby is 5 months today weight 5.7 (she is still EBF only)

Pls let me know if anyone know anything abt this..

2. shivanya07

shivanya07 Platinum IL'ite

Hello SpirtualSoul,

My dd had the same problem. I would like to share my story . Since birth she was also on breastfeed and exactly on 45th day i noticed rashes on her cheeks. It went away soon so i wasnt bothered but soon her poop was exactly the way you described in addition to tht she also had streaks of blood in it. But she was gaining weight and very normal. My doctor also suggested me to be on diary free diet, as he also suspected mild milk allergy however it didnt help much. And all this continued until she was 6mnths.

After that i was really frustrated as there was no improvement. And i stopped my feed and put her completely on soymilk. And thts when her poop became normal.

If this gives you any relief, now she is almost 5yrs old and can eat cake, chocolates and everything tht a normal child eats. However, she still drinks soymilk 2 glasses a day.

So if you are ok please switch to soymilk for now. once she is old enough to start solids introduce yogurt first and then small quantity of normal
    milk slowly. I personally feel they are not fully allergic to milk but cannot tolerate large amount of dairy.
    Hope this helps.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
    SpritualSoul likes this.
  3. silentlistener

silentlistener Silver IL'ite

EBF babies will never have the consistency of an adult or elderly childs poop.

Your doctor has two times counseled about this basic physiological reality to you.

Your having difficulty in acknowledging the truth, compelled him to go for a stool test which in turn, has come completely normal

Your doctor knew it very well that this Poop consistency for EPF baby is totally normal The stool test was asked for, only to ,reassure you.

If two individual counselling sessions by your doctor and one laboratory test of The Poop has not reassured you of the fact that what is going on with the baby is normal, then go through:

Baby poop: A complete guide | BabyCenter

The above site contains authentic information on the subject. Take some time to go through it slowly and patiently.

Your baby is absolutely normal. But, you are not normal , because you are still agitated and not reassured.

Hsharma2018 and SpritualSoul like this.
  4. SpritualSoul

SpritualSoul Gold IL'ite

Thanks a ton..
    I cant explain how much relived im after reading ur reply...
    U have addresed my major concern.. I was scared if my Dd would be able to eat everything just like other kids..

5. SpritualSoul

SpritualSoul Gold IL'ite

Im smiling while reading ur reply... Its true to some extent

Following dairy free diet it not easy.. Atleast for me not easy at all.. Doing tat for 1 month and no result is disappointing for me ...

Next is baby weight... Very slowly she is gaining weight... Still my pead is ok with tat ..just im much concerned

Thank u sooo much for ur detailed reply..