1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Much Ado About Andal

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Balajee, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Thyagarajan Amen. Such speeches are a gross violation of all reasonable restrictions place on freedom of expression, tasteless and poisonous.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  2. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Yes Vela ngudi Krishnan is planning protests outsie Vairamuthu's house but I just don't see the point when he has apologised. It is always a good policy to let sleeping dogs lie. Otherwise we would only be providing fodder for fringe elements like H.Raja.

3. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Yes both Vairamuthu and Raja have been idiotic and their attitudes are not very different as T.M<.Krishna points out.I talked about Vairamuthu and Kalburgi only in the sense that both have them hve ruffled the feathers of fringe elements

4. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Maybe Vairamuthu was tactless but Raja added fuel to the fire with his vituperative outburst. It is really ssd to see political discourse going so downhill.

5. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Just now I have recd Whatsapp message that there is protest meeting at Chepaauk stadium tomorrow, the 15th at 4.30p.m organized by vaishnava Acharyas sponsored by Lifco. The meeting is conducted with Govt's permission. I think only a few people would attend.This is the first time that such protest has come out openly. The meeting may not find many takers,Many will be afraid to go out since vairamuthu has lot of political support.

While Vairamuthu's regrets, twitter messages etc totally differ from each other, a close perusal of VairaMuthu's article clearly shows what he had in his mind.There have been sentence by sentence analysis of his speech and papers have been circulated into each house in T. Nagar, mambalam, Mylapore,and Triplicane populated byperumal devotees.

While Vairamuthu should have used restrictions in his speech, Raja's speech is totally condemnable. That was a sheer nonsense.
    It is better the issue is closed at some level.In fact even people who have organized the protest are not interested in going out and shouting slogans.There seems to be some pressure even among devotees.

jayasala42

stayblessed and Thyagarajan like this.
  6. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Jayasala ma'am I agree with you. It is high time the issue is closed .The longer these wounds fester the poison of hatred spreads and people like Raja take pleasure in dividing communities. I agree with you. I don't think there'll be a large crowd at the protest. Vaishnavites are not easily riled and prefer to keep to themselves./

stayblessed likes this.
  7. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Vairamuthu and H. Raja both are immatured human beings.just ignore these two as they didn't understand value of a Mother.Vairamuthu commented on Divine mother while Raja commented an innocent mother. Raja paving the way for communal clashes. Is India going back to stone age period?

stayblessed likes this.
  8. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

[ Is India going back to stone age period?[/

Looks like there are a whole lot of people who want to take India to the medieval ages. Yes they are interested in fomen ting communal hatred hoping to form a majority community vote bank. What depresse me is the abyssmal level to which political discourse in this country has sunk. Just when you thought it had reached the nadir, politicians like Raja surprise us by taking it to even lower depths.

9. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Raja also should not have stooped to such low level. Both Vairamuthu and Raja should apolize for their abusive language.

10. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Vairamuthu was certainly tactless but did not use abusive language but Raja''s speech will make any civilized person cringe.