1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

MS Window's pioneer is Lord Krishna

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by tuffyshri, Jan 7, 2012.

1. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

Finest Blog Winner - First Weekly Pick of January 2012

I always love to listen to stories, even now. I will always sit next to my DD whenever my DH or MIL narrates a story. My dad is a great story teller who would narrate spiritual, religious, moral stories in an interesting manner. He has told several Thenaliraman story to me. There is a story that I remember (am just writing in my own style and this may not be the original manner, kindly excuse :)) -

Mahabaratha age.

Viduran (or someone else I dont remember, just keeping Viduran for he is a supporting character of both the sides) and Lord Krishna were having some conversation. The Lord puts in a statement that one's self perception (ennam in tamil) is very essential for anything to happen. If you think positive everything will be positive; else vice versa. Vidhuran wanted an example. Testing people is not something very difficult for the Lord, isnt it. So he chooses Duriyodhan and Yudhishtra for his test.

He invites Duriyodhan telling that he has a surprise to show. He then asks the eager Duri to step inside a room and take a look. The room is actually just empty. With Vidhuran watching, Lord Krishna is standing outside with the mystical smile waiting for Duri to speak about the 'surprise'. Duri comes out fuming in anger.

'Hey you Krishna... you are always trying to do some pranks and this time on me?? You show me an empty room, and call that a surprise? There is nothing inside the room. Just that the windows are open and no single thing at all? Why are you humiliating me like this?'

With huge anguish he leaves the place. Vidhuran couldnt understand. But the test is not over reminded the Lord. He invites Yudhishtra next with the same statement of 'some surprise'.

Vidhura was now eager. Yudhishtra comes out of the room with a broad smile. He joins his palms to offer the greetings to the Lord and speaks out -

'Oh Krishna.. what a pleasing surprise it was. The room was filled with evening glory of the setting sun. I enjoyed the bliss of being in the peaceful room that was so bright yet twilighting. Thank you very much for the surprise' and leaves in peace.

Lord Krishna now turns to Vidhura with a meaningful gaze. Do we need any more explanation??

So, now why am telling this story? Because we can also apply this in our daily life.

Instead of telling 'Early morning waking up is a painful process', if you say 'Oh I always wake up early morning to breath the fresh air and chillness', the entire day is yours for sure!!!

Negative feeling - 'Oh no... that is a very difficult task'. But change that to positive - 'Ok, I am getting an opportunity to prove my abilities'

Negative perception - 'My MIL always questions me for something or the other'
    Positive - 'Let me share my day with my MIL'

Negative - 'This AC is not working and the fan is also not fast. I am not getting any breeze'
    Positive - 'I think I am getting breeze and let me enjoy it'

What say?? too much of gyan? believe me - this, very strange to say, but WORKS! Try and pass on your feedbacks! Good luck :thumbsup

Oh, BTW you are wondering why I gave this title? Microsoft Windows is on the concept of 'What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG)'. Lord Krishna has already provied it right??? :)

2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Yad Bhavam Tad Bhavati. As you think so you become is the meaning of this Sanskrit term. Your narration and linking the subject with the title is excellent. it is our attitude that makes the difference. We can see emptiness in the entire world or we can see the whole word in the emptiness as well.

My favorite morning prayer is:

O Lord! I awake now from sleep.
    I am determined to carry out all my work this day as offering to Thee,
    with Thee every present before my mind's eye.
    Make my thoughts, words and deeds sacred and pure.
    Let me hurt no one and let no one hurt me.
    Direct and guide me this day, Dear Lord.

Viswa

3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

I am sorry I missed the end of the day prayer that we can even teach children:

O Lord! The day's actions, which I offered to you this morning, are over. It was You who made me think, talk, walk, and act. I therefore place at Your feet all my thoughts, all my words, all my deeds. Receive me. O Lord! I am coming home to Thee.

4. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

Excellent narration tuffyshri and feeling a lot of positive vibes while reading itself.
    Good start for today !!!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

5. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

[​IMG]

Positive thoughts are 100 times stronger than Negative thoughts.....
    When a negative thought appears, be aware of it,
    then replace it with a positive thought.
    Then go about your day.....Happy and back on track to manifesting all you desire.
    -Anonymous

6. InnerBliss

InnerBliss Gold IL'ite

Fantastic blog writing and ideas tuffyshri. And I also liked your comparison (should I say metaphoric comparison) of Windows and Krishna's lesson. "What you see is what you get", is really very true which I experience it regularly. So many modern psychologists and writers also state the same principles in their books and research. I liked the book "The power of positive thinking", "The power of visualization", shaping the thoughts towards the positive faith and facts of life.

You have explained that principle in simple words and beautiful comparison with the meaningful story. I look forward to read more of your blog.

Best wishes,
    Anuradha

7. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Very nice thoughts wrapped up in good style of writing and your linking to the title.. is good Tuffyshri..

Enjoyed reading it.. :)

8. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

Thanks Viswa. Will try to teach this to my DD, and I myself will also learn this.

9. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

thank you Sunitha for the FB and the nice picture. Though it is very easy to say, it is quite difficult to practice. I am trying my best to remember this story for each and every action of myself.

10. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

Thanks for the positve FB, Anu :) Next time I will try to get these books and read. Even DanBrown's Lost Symbol was about this only. Thank you once again but am trying my best to put nice postings, but very often result in own cribbing only - pls bear with me :)