1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mr and Mrs Iyer

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by malspie, Mar 29, 2008.

1. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

[FONT=&quot]Mr and Mrs Iyer was directed by the beautiful and talented Aparna Sen in the year 1992. This movie captivated the audience though it was not the run-of-the-mill kinds. Anyone who has watched this movie once would vouch for it again. The extremely talented Konkana Sen who is also the daughter of Aparna Sen portrays the character of Mrs Meenakshi Iyer who is married to Mr Subramanian Iyer and had come to visit her mother. She receives a call to return as her MIL is not well. She has one year old son Santhanam. Konkana does full justice to the role with a perfect accent of a tamilian and her big ‘no’ to non-veg food and the little air she carries of being a Brahmin. From where can I find words to praise the power packed actor Rahul Bose. I am sound strange, but, if you have watched his movies you cannot hold your words of praise for him. The young actor comes out with such immense performance that superstars may have to take a lesson or two from them. The silent love that slowly generates in their hearts and how Meenakashi holds her feelings are a delight to watch. I love the scene when he describes his would be stay at Kolkatta in the deep forest and possessively she asks him, “Is anyone else occupying him?”. He quickly answers, “Will you come?” Only a director of Aparna Sen’s caliber can think of a scene like that.. love at its peak. After getting off the train when her husband lovingly thanks Rahul Bose for taking care of them and when Rahul moves away from them, the expressions of Konkana definitely deserves an award. A married woman madly unknowingly has fallen love, but holds her dignity and all that she does is to look at the lost love which is going to go away any moment and forever. Hey, guys, if you have not watched this movie do grab a dvd and give your time for it.. It is not a hip hop movie, you will fall in love with the characters and the story I am sure.. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Bye dearies[/FONT]

2. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear Mals,

You know I've always admired this mother -daughter duo. They are both extremely talented.
    Just goes to show that ladies are not just about good looks but plenty of grey cells as well.
    And thankyou for getting this topic in here!
    Love,
    Devika

3. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

The movie is a sheer delight.Nobody can even imagine going dry eyed in the end.

4. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Hi Mals,
    this is an all-time favorite movie for me. I adore Konkona and Rahul Bose. In fact after seeing this movie, I went and checked out a few more of their movies, one being Konkona's 15 Park avenue- a different theme.

5. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Devika, Chocolate and Sundarusha,

I am thrilled to have like minds here. I am an ardent fan of Rahul Bose and Konkana Sen. One cannot stop themselves from looking out for more of their movies once you have seen their talent on screen.

Mr & Mrs Iyer has got a tremendous ending which actually makes us crave for more..

Thanks for writing in

6. Ammukutty

Ammukutty Bronze IL'ite

Hi Mals,
    I too am a big fan of Konkana & Rahul...& the movie do share a special place in the list of movies i enjoyed the most.Its just simply great.I watched the movie during my bachelor days...after marriage i have been asking my hubby dear to watch it with me so that i can enjoy it one more time.But his taste seems to be different..i feel relieved to know that i have company to share this movie.I once saw an interview with Konkana Sen & Aparna Sen in which they were saying that they got lot of calls from women asking how could thay separate the two at the end &hence they are waiting for a second part.Hey Mals thankyou for bringing out my favourite movie in this blog.

7. SoaringSpirit

SoaringSpirit Silver IL'ite

Mals dear, I loved this movie! Perfect direction, perfect execution and perfect acting! It was a joy to watch. I have seen 15 Park Avenue which I liked too. Although it leaves one in a serious/sad mood for sometime. I liked Rahul Bose in Jhankar Beats too. Liked the movie as well. As for the Sen mother daughter duo, they sure are blessed with abundance of talent.
    SS

8. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Hi malu darling,
    I had watched this movie almost trice.......by almost I mean, once I watched it alone when not married and then after marriage, me and hubby watched that again and again with my frds.......
    This movie is such an awesome movie......I could even watch it for one more times if you happen to come by to stay here.......
    Yeah, I would better prefer watching this duo rather than watching our so called superheroes in a movie like Om Shanti OM.......
    And you remember the scene where they were narrating their love to the college girls........and also the scene when Rahul Bose was going to kiss her in their journey to Kolkata......
    Thanks for bringing back those memories......
    TC

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Mals,

I love the mother daughter duo for their passion for films.
    This movie really was awesome one. Rahul bose, I would prefer to watch him anyday...what an actor..

Konkana is also equally talented.

10. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hey Ammakutty,

You have a very nice Avatar.
    My joy has no bounds to discover there are so many fans of Rahul Bose.
    In fact, I never watched it when it released as I do not get time to watch movies in a theatre. I had heard it was a good movie and wondered "a movie" with such a "title"??!!??
    After watching it, I was clean bowled..
    I cannot imagine any other artist in their place. A towering performance.
    Thanks for writing in.