1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Moving to Woonsocket, Rhode Island

Discussion in 'Indians in Rhode Island' started by skidamarinka86, Jul 18, 2013.

1. skidamarinka86

skidamarinka86 New IL'ite

Hi IL's, we will be soon moving to Woonsocket,RI due to my husband's CVS project. it will be of grt help if u frnds tell me abt good apartments wit
    h school, grocery stores nearby.

2. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Hi,

I live in Pawtucket, about 20-25 mins from Woonsocket. We have an Indian grocery close to our place called spice land.. There is another one called India mart on Washington st North Attleboro. Both are like 25 mins drive from Woonsocket.

Regarding apartments, you can check rent.com or apartments.com, Craig's list, or zillow.com.
    There could be condos available that are owned by individual people who rent it out. Those would be good too.

Schools, you could check on schoolratings.com and enter the level you looking at to find the ratings.

Best luck

3. skidamarinka86

skidamarinka86 New IL'ite

thanks for ur reply preethi, currently iam searching for apts in north attleboro with r indian community the websites u referred helping a lot

4. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

No problem.. :) North Attleboro is a prime spot. Happy house hunting.

1 person likes this.
  5. Veena1985

Veena1985 New IL'ite

Hi,
    My husband is getting an offer from CVS pharmacy in Woonsocket.. would like to know more about this place... we are currently in dallas and might be required to move by end of Feb. Could you please give us some pointers for finding apartments and a Montessori for my 2 year old daughter...

Thanks in advance...

6. AnooSA

AnooSA Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    I'm moving to woonsocket,RI too this mo end. Looking for apt with indian community,close to CVS HQ,close to park and good schools (Kindergarden). Few suggested four seasons/cumberlandcrossing apts. Few others suggested apts in North Attleboro.
    Can you recommend some apt names and tell me pros/cons of living in N.Attleboro,MA vs RI?

7. Ritus39

Ritus39 New IL'ite

Hi AnooSA and Veena1985,
    Hope you have already settled down in Woonsocket. Now I am in the same boat. My husband got to move from Dallas to Woonsocket (CVS) and if everything goes well, move of our kids and myself will follow. I highly appreciate your feedback regarding apartment, kids school and other general issues for smooth settling down over there. Thanks.

8. Sweety1105

Sweety1105 New IL'ite

Hi Freinds!!!

My husband had got an offer from cvs. So, we are planning to move there within 3 weeks. We don't know more about that place. So, Friends please help me in finding apartment.

9. nandhinipj

nandhinipj New IL'ite

Hello friends,

We are moving to RI shortly. My husband is going to work with CVS, Cumberland. Request your help in finding good apartments which has got Indian community also which is close to Indian grocery, Preschool (my kid is 3 yrs old) and my husband's office.

TIA

10. sonalizaveri

sonalizaveri New IL'ite

hiii,I am soon moving to Rhode Island. My husband is going to work with CVS,Cumberland.I want your suggestions for a good apartment with Indians over there.My kid is 1 year old.Better if I get nearby indian grocery store or other stores.Waiting for ur ideas.
    Thanku