Moving to Singapore - need help!

Discussion in 'New to Singapore' started by laksravi, Dec 18, 2011.

1. laksravi

laksravi New IL'ite

Hi friends,

My name is Lakshmi and I am currently located in Chennai. Will be relocating to Singapore in April 2012. I have a 4 year old son and am planning to admit him in DPS there. Now, we need an accomodation. Please suggest me some good condos near to DPS where you can rent a 2 bedroom condo for around 3.5K. And how should I go about the house hunting procedure? Should I contact the agents first? Can I do it from here in India online?

Please help..

Thanks in advance.

Thanks

2. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Lakshmi,

First of all, welcome to Singapore :)

I can get a condo for around 3.5 to 4.5 k dear and you can search for condos available for rent around the area of your choice in property guru, rents db, and other sg property portal and also talk to agents online. But it is too early to search since you will be coming only in april, it might be a good idea to search in late feb or early march as they won't hold a property for long or else you will have to pay from the month you book the unit.

If your/ur DH's company has a guest house, it might be a good idea to get in here first and look and the condo and then book. it is not all that difficult to find rental property here.

I hope ladies in and around the DPS school will pitch in to suggest names of good condo around that area.

All the best!!

3. laksravi

laksravi New IL'ite

Thanks Akhila for the response. Yes, I too realise it is a bit too early to start house hunt there. My husband is planning for a week's visit there early January. So I thought if I have some info it would aid him in house hunt. Now I think it is better to start searching for accomodation once we are there.

4. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Lakshmi,

Yeah, it will be a good idea to come and then hunt for one. Also in the meanwhile you can keep track of units and their rental prices around the area you want through property portals and also use streetdirectory.com.sg for checking where the condo is located and how far it is from the school :)

5. Damuviji

Damuviji New IL'ite

Hi il,

i would like to put my daughter in b.e. (bio tech) singapore. Let me have your suggestions. What will be the scope in future.