Moving to Singapore? Housing/Utility/Transport/Cost of Living etc!

Discussion in 'New to Singapore' started by Vinodha, May 24, 2007.

1. eswarisuresh

eswarisuresh Silver IL'ite

Oh you could also view pictures in that website.

Based your budget I would say you can get a two bedroom apartment, but then this depends on the area too. Some areas are more expensive than the others. Also a condo costs more than a HDB flat.

2. suganvijay

suganvijay Platinum IL'ite

Hi Eswari,
    Finalyy !! Thank you so much for the much awaited response.. I have a doubt ... I just noticed in almost all websites that they are sating 1 common room + 1 bathrrm rent & 1 master BR + 1 Bathroom... in SO & son cases.. Is it like a sharing with some unknown person ? Also is a studio apartment worth taking ? how will it look ? too clumpsy ?? Since I will be at home initial few days atleast.. I want a really nice home.. Can you roughly tell me how much wil be the expected rent in District wise.. I hope I;m not bugging you.. But your inputs will be very valid.. !!!

3. suganvijay

Also Eswari.. May I know which area are you put up in ?

4. eswarisuresh

Hiya,

Some of the rentals are by room basis like you mentioned common room normally 500-600$, master bedroom with attached toilet 600-1000$. You might have to share the house with either owners or other tenants. Look out for whole house rental, where you will have the whole house to yourself.

Studio apartment is convinient for couples, but it will only have one room if you are okay with that then great.

Also, before you sign any document or deposit any money check their particulars (ask them to show ic and note down name and their identification number). If renting a HDB flat, ask the owners of the house to register you and husband as tenants of the house with hdb. :)

1 person likes this.
  5. eswarisuresh

I live in the west, called Clementi. Nice place, easily accessible.

6. suganvijay

Oh !! Nice info !! Can you please let me know any reliable website or how to search for a whole flat in onlie portals... I'm somehow getting accustomed to search thi s portals.. Butd dont know which one is the most reliable one.. though my DH will go in Jan .. I still want to give him ample info.. from my end.. :)

7. eswarisuresh

8. Tashsin

Tashsin Gold IL'ite

Try property guru
    Gumtree Singapore

9. Collin

Collin New IL'ite

Hi,

I am not sure if this thread is still active, but I wanted little advice.
    My husband has a job offer in Singapore and we would be moving there mid this year. I wanted to know a few things
    (1) I am looking for 2 bedroom HDB or condo in the range of 2000-2500S$, preferably fully furnished.Which area should I be looking for - as my husband's work place is near raffles place somewhere within 30 min mrt ride.
    (2) Usually what is included in fully furnished and partially furnished flat?
    (3)which websites are good for rental apartments?Does tenant have to pay agent's fee? and what is the usual deposit that one needs to pay ?

your help would be appeciated.
    thanks in adavance
    Collin

10. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020