Moving to Singapore? Housing/Utility/Transport/Cost of Living etc!

Discussion in 'New to Singapore' started by Vinodha, May 24, 2007.

1. mamtarani

mamtarani New IL'ite

Re: Planning to settle in Singapore

hi iam also new to this site...i also love to settle somewhere else and not in india...because i think some of the problems could be sorted out only if we move to some other country.pleae help us to find a job there...my husband is from IT side...he rigourasly searches for a job out of india.he is from testing side....
    pls.tell me the oppurtunities of manual testing in singapore.............
    dont take bad that from the first post iam asking you a help...

2. sansat

sansat New IL'ite

Hi ladies,

We are planning to relocate to singapore from US in Jan 2011.
    Is anyone in and around EUNOS RD?
    Hw will be the rent for an 2 Br apt?
    what are the things you would suggest for me to bring along?
    Any help will be appreciated !

Cheers

Sansat

3. Jade13

Jade13 New IL'ite

Shifting to Singapore

Hi

I have got a job in Singapore and I ll be moving in another 2 weeks. My workplace is at Yishun. I am looking for renting a place but rent seems high. Can you suggest places where I can get apartments with 1500S$.

Also if any Indians have room to let, please let me know.

Jade

4. GeetaPjoshi

GeetaPjoshi Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    I have one query ...will be moving to singapore... should i get the flour mill from india or is there a flour mill in singapore where the wheat grinding takes place... We are not used to eat the readymade flour...
    could anyone suggest on this.

Thanks
    Geeta

5. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Geeta,

Welcome to Singapore!!

There are a couple of indian flour mills in Little India. I have never tried them personally though.

6. suganvijay

suganvijay Platinum IL'ite

Hi All,
    I'm also moving to Singapore in a month or so. Can someone suggest some good residential Location, We are planning to share our place with already residing family in Singapore. Since we will join them, they are trying to look for a spacious house & they already have a maid as well for cooking & baby sitting. So Can you please suggest me some places which has a reasonable rent & also somehwat closeto the city as well. since we are sharing a bit pricey ones must also be affordable I guess.. Please pur your suggestions. I see amny threads in this.. but most of them are outdated info.. Since renting is something that keeps changing ever week or day. So I need some updated info on this. Please help !! Also I'm looking for a Job in Singapore. what is the mode of finding a Job in Singapore? through Portals ? If yes Can you suggest some names ?

7. suganvijay

Also I want to know what all the things which is very mandated or which is worth getting it from India ?

8. suganvijay

Hi All,
    I'm moving to Singapore in the month of january !! I really need help in choosing a place to rent. My husband is currently working in Marina Bay & soon even I will start to work. will hve to find a job there soon. Also we are ready to invest upto 1500 to 2000 $ in House/Condo/HBD/Studio Apartment. All we need is a single BHK. I'm really confused with the district dividions & which place to choose. I tried contacting the agents also. & all are asking for which place you want to choose. It would be good even if we are to travel around 40 mins to ork daily. Any suggestions is wlecome & hearful Thanks in advance.

9. suganvijay

So Noone to even bother to reply :( :( I'm so much in need of this help. I was proudly telling my dh that I have IL.. In which I can get all details for you... :( Very disappointing :(

10. eswarisuresh

eswarisuresh Silver IL'ite

Hi there,

First thing i would suggest is that you should check out the MRT (train) stations in Singapore, this will help you to be familiar to the various locations. Going anywhere by train is the fastest means of travel here. You can find the MRT map here:

Network Map

If you look at the map, there is a train station at Marina Bay itself. I suggest you choose places which are less than 10 stations away from marina bay.

If you are a little adventourus I would suggest you sign up at Singapore Rooms for Rent to look for furnished apartments. The website is trust worthy and I have used it couple of times. The advantage is you don't need to pay agent fees which would cost half or one month's rent, you can sign up for free and be able to view ads. If you want a faster process, the website offers monthly subscription of $30+ and you can view the owners phone number or email address to contact etc.

Hope this helps.